Mead

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
No this isn't another post about Ben Cousins- i was just wondering which eagle fits each of these categories best- from both our current list, and all time. Feel free to post your own suggestions, or criticise mine!

Strongest Eagle: Currently, Banners, with Jako and Wirra as honorable mentions. All Time: Probably Banners again, although Woosha came close.

Beefiest *looking* Eagle: Current AND All time- Willow willow and Willow!

Fittest Eagle: Current: Ben Cousins. All Time: David Hart, or Dean Kemp.

Fastest Eagle (over 100m): Current: Adrian Fletcher. All time: Macintosh.

Hardest Working Eagle: Current: Jakovich. All time: Jakovich

Laziest Eagle: Current: Chad Morrison, Andrew Williams. All time, a tossup between Mainy and Cummings- i'll probably give it to 'Ole Saddlebags', because he had a weight problem as well!

Most courageous: Current: Jeremy Humm. All time: Worsfold/Kemp

Best Kick: Current: Callum Chambers(!)/ Peter Matera, All time: Peter Matera

Worst Kick: Current, Josh Wooden (with honorable mention to Troy Wilson and Chris Judd). All Time: Josh Wooden.

Best all round Skills: Current: Michael Braun, all time: Dean Kemp

"Adrian Fletcher???" When did we pick him up, and when did he pick up a couple of yards of pace??

Rest of it pretty much spot on. Glad to see Wooden made the rankings.

Originally posted by Methuselah
"Adrian Fletcher???" When did we pick him up, and when did he pick up a couple of yards of pace??

Rest of it pretty much spot on. Glad to see Wooden made the rankings.

Sorry, mind was sort of in two places when i was doing this... i meant chad fletcher, of course!

Toughest eagle:
Current: Position Vacant. All Time: John Worsfold

Biggest Tosser eagle:
Current: Michael Gardiner . All Time: Karl Langdon

and an honourable mention to Fatty for All time worst kick.

Mainwaring had a shocking kick on him, but the worst Eagle kick I can remember was Brendan Retzlaff

Annear was pretty fit in his day

A few quick ones:

Most exasperating Eagle: Josh Wooden. All-time: Troy Ugle or Fraser Gehrig, take your pick. Honourable mention: David O'Connell

Best trade pick-up (existing AFL player): at this stage, probably Merenda or Prior. All-time: Peter Wilson with Paul Harding & Ross Glendinning runners-up

Most embarrassing past player: Scott Watters, without a doubt

Biggest disappointment: probably Todd Breman (100 goals in WAFL, sank without trace in the VFL)

Originally posted by carlyp
Doesnt Pete Matera atleast get an honourable mention in the speed category:(

Certainly an honorable mention- the only reason i went for macintosh over him is during the mid nineties it was fairly common knowledge that milli was by far the fastest in the squad when they were doing sprints at training. Matera of course had the added bonus of being as agile as he was fast. Actually, currently we have some pretty impressive speedsters in the team-CHAD Fletcher is very quick indeed, and Wirrapunda rates a mention. Phil Matera is like lightning over the first few steps, and the other guy i think worth mentioning is actually The Bowling Ball(tm). Sure he's got a few other advantages (eg, the fact that noone is inclined to get in his way), but whatever way you look at it, he is very very quick on the lead. During the pre season, even dustin fletcher (who is arguably the fastest full back following a lead in the league) was having trouble staying with wilson.

Best Nightclub Dancer : Nick Stone

Best Contributor to the Taxi Industry: Tie Chris Mainwaring & Chad Rintoul

Most Likey to need Corrective Rhinoplasty: Micheal Gardiner

Biggest Fool: Any Eagles supporter that believes they can finish higher than 16th

Originally posted by sausage
Best Nightclub Dancer : Nick Stone

Best Contributor to the Taxi Industry: Tie Chris Mainwaring & Chad Rintoul

Most Likey to need Corrective Rhinoplasty: Micheal Gardiner

Biggest Fool: Any Eagles supporter that believes they can finish higher than 16th

Now why do I get the idea that your post was only to cause conflict and your just here to enjoy trolling?

Here's my thoughts...

Stongest Eagle: Current: Jakovich , All Time: Jakovich

Beefiest Looking Eagle: Current: Jakovich , All Time : Jakovich

Fittest Eagle: Current: Callum Chambers , All Time : Dean Kemp

Fastest Eagle(100m): Current: Josh Wooden , All Time : Ashley Mc Intosh

Hardest Working: Current: Ben Cousins , All Time : Tony Evans

Laziest: Current: Cant pick one going on preseason form (yet) , All Time : Fraser Gehrig

Most Courageous: Current : Daniel Kerr , All Time : Tony Evans

Best Kick: Current : Peter Matera , All Time : Chris Waterman

Worst Kick: Current: Josh Wooden , All Time : Chris Mainwaring

Best All-Round Skills : Current : David Wirrpunda , All Time : Dean Kemp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back