Best encounter with a player?

Remove this Banner Ad

True story: In 1986 when BT was super famous for kicking lots of goals at Collingwood, my wife and I veered off the road during a thunderstorm and popped our tire on the curb. Out of nowhere, a stranger pulled up and insisted on changing our tire in the rain while we stayed warm and dry and in the car.

Hope in the thunderstorm you didn`t confuse Brian Taylor with Brian Naylor

At a club at about 2am on Grand Final eve 2016, washing my hands after taking a piss and the only other guy in the toilets asks me if the water from the sink is ok to drink....it was Toby Greene. :drunk:

Was working at Camberwell hotel doing security, this was after Polak had been hit by a tram, Jake King, Polak and Schulz walk in for a few beers, bit later they stumbled out and Polak almost gets hit by a tram again, I yelled out to him as he was crossing to move and responded in time to move. The dude loves trams for some reason.

At a club at about 2am on Grand Final eve 2016, washing my hands after taking a piss and the only other guy in the toilets asks me if the water from the sink is ok to drink....it was Toby Greene. :drunk:
He usually drinks his own bathwater

Have posted this in threads before but was working in a service station 2 years ago and Aaron Sandilands comes in and buys 7 Gatorades.

They cost like $5-6 dollars each and he bought 7, and carried them out with his bare hands as well.

That's some Andre the Giant s**t...

Attachments

• 89c928ab51cde947b3c4c0be4ab16e1c--andre-the-giant-random-facts.jpg
    89c928ab51cde947b3c4c0be4ab16e1c--andre-the-giant-random-facts.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's some Andre the Giant s**t...

Yeah absolutely o_O cupped 4 of the bottles in one hand like a forklift. Just a random Saturday night drunk thought... I believe the one defining trait of all AFL players would be big hands. Tall, short, thin and athletic, strong and powerful, there are many footballing brands but I reckon all would have above average hand size for their height.

I'm taller than Caleb Daniel but would bet anything he'd have bigger hands than me. Outside Geelong's home ground there's Tom Hawkins' handprint on a wall - it's the size of a dustbin lid

Went to a barbie a few years ago and Jed Adcock was asleep on the couch. I tied his shoe laces together. He later woke up and found walking quite difficult. Later I kicked a footy with him and it was all cool. ( he was 3 at the time)
Hahahaha loved this.

True story: In 1986 when BT was super famous for kicking lots of goals at Collingwood, my wife and I veered off the road during a thunderstorm and popped our tire on the curb. Out of nowhere, a stranger pulled up and insisted on changing our tire in the rain while we stayed warm and dry and in the car.

Stranger: "Boy oh boy. Wowee.... a flat tire!"

My dad worked at Essendon in the 80s. My mum knows almost nothing about the game.
One day Terry Daniher had to pick up something from our house.
Mum answered the door, as dad was picking me up from my own footy training.
She asked him who he was and he said "oh my name's Terry Daniher".
Mum said "well I don't know anything about football but I have heard of Terry Daniher".
He said it was the nicest thing anyone had ever said about him.
We took another half hour to get home, so mum and Terry Daniher were having a cup of tea in our kitchen when I got home.
Several months later he gave my dad a recipe for scones from his mum to give to my mum.

I've met TD a few times as he's a mate of a mate of mine who played for Essendon at the same time. Top bloke.

I reckon Ivan Maric is the kindest, friendliest guy I've ever met. Took me by surprise. Wasn't expecting him to be a dick but wasn't expecting him to be an upstanding gentleman either. Tip my hat to him.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
My mate was doing some work in the grounds outside PRO.
When they where sitting down having smoko they yelled out to say hi to Ivan as he pulled up.
He then invited them into the club and showed them around.

I was called out some time in 2002 to replace a battery at Kardinia Park. All I was told was that the customer's name was "Gary" and it was a white EF Falcon.

So, I rock up at the car park as instructed, and a young Gaz Jnr. pops out from behind the bonnet and says: "I think my battery is stuffed". Well Gaz, you don't say...

Neil Craig. As a kid one day I was hanging round Unley Oval watching Sturt train, collecting some autographs and approached I him. He couldn't have been nicer, he admired my red BMX, asked for a ride, jumped on and rode to the end of Trimmer Tce and back then took me into the change rooms and introduced me to all the players, I reckon John Halbert was coaching them at the time. That kind of thing's a big deal when you're a kid, and I've always had a soft spot for him because of it.

Campbell Brown, in the pub answering every question we could think of, and a number of ex Collingwood players used to come into the Pub/Tab I worked at, we had a good laugh when i saw they had backed themselves to win the Brownlow!

Yeah absolutely o_O cupped 4 of the bottles in one hand like a forklift. Just a random Saturday night drunk thought... I believe the one defining trait of all AFL players would be big hands. Tall, short, thin and athletic, strong and powerful, there are many footballing brands but I reckon all would have above average hand size for their height.

I'm taller than Caleb Daniel but would bet anything he'd have bigger hands than me. Outside Geelong's home ground there's Tom Hawkins' handprint on a wall - it's the size of a dustbin lid
You're 100% right about the hands. I'm taller than most of the blokes on that wall and they all have giant hands even the tiny ones like Matty Stokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back