Best encounter with a player?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Danihers seem like a very decent and normal bunch of people. There's a lot of dickheads in footy, and footy families are generally full of insufferably arrogant and bath-water drinking flogs but they seem pretty decent.

My girlfriend's sister was Joe Daniher's first kiss. Doesn't reflect well on me actually, reading that back... maybe he wasn't so ugly at 10?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Danihers are a ripper family. I do a fair bit of work for both Ants and Terry. I met Chris for the first time earlier this year at a function as he is back working on the farm and I told him my mother was moving back to Melbourne from Wagga and he offered to send one of his boys around to help her move!

I was lucky enough to drive Terry down to Morewell to look at a job that we ended up doing together. For a bloke who was a premiership captain at one of the biggest sporting clubs in Melbourne, he is as down to earth as they come.

Ants is also a ripper but very different to Terry. Very much more professional/ corporate but still with a very family/ people-centric focus. As good off the field as they were on it. The family focus that they received in the AFL has definitely stayed with them in the way they conduct business.

Apparently Jack Watts is a nice guy, and in a way that's probably why he never ascended to that champion level he should have. Someone saw him out at Boney one night and he got talking to a friend's friend who knew the guy behind the decks – Jack Watts asked if he could say hi afterwards as he just wanted to ask about where to get a list of songs he played. Pretty quiet, normal dude.

Apparently Jack Watts is a nice guy, and in a way that's probably why he never ascended to that champion level he should have. Someone saw him out at Boney one night and he got talking to a friend's friend who knew the guy behind the decks – Jack Watts asked if he could say hi afterwards as he just wanted to ask about where to get a list of songs he played. Pretty quiet, normal dude.
Cool.

Cats vs Bombers at Etihad in the second half of 2009.
Early in the 3rd quarter I was outside kicking a football with my gf of the time and out strolls David Hille; had clearly seen enough and was making his way home.

I saw BT at subi earlier this year pre game for the WC/Geelong game.

Had just finished playing exhibition AFL 9's through a work competition - we were all standing around getting group shots. There was maybe 150 or so there on the wing just in front of the logo.

Behind us was BT, standing not 5-10m away. The thing was, he seemed completely oblivious that we were there. He was completely in his own world. A few even called out to him, but no response. Was very weird.

The Wiz carrying a carton on his shoulder out of the bottle shop while on suspension by the club for something to do with getting on the piss I think.

Either that or twatting Campbell Brown with a lump of wood out the back of Fremantle Oval when we were kids. Or so the legend goes.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond had a training camp up in Ballarat one year (where I grew up) - might have been around 2005 or 2006 IIRC? It was the off season where we had just acquired Paddy Bowden from the Bulldogs I remember as some of the other guests on the table were saying he played a ripper match in the practice game and might be a good pickup.

Anyway, there was a dinner function with the team that my parents took me along too. I was a fairly shy teenager but I remember waiting to use the urinal during the night and Richie Tambling was waiting with me in the queue. I know he was very maligned but he seemed very polite, soft spoken and friendly and I've always liked the guy since. He even let me take a leak before him as well. :thumbsu:

Most recent encounter was last year when I helped organise the BF Sponsorship for the Richmond board. One night, I had to head to one of the events early to pick up the signed jumpers and I walked into the mostly empty function room and saw Richo eating some dinner while getting some instructions from one of the people from the club (as he would be the MC for the night). I think I'm a pretty composed fella most of the time these days but I got super starstruck being in his presence. Was tempted to ask for a photo but didn't want to interrupt his chat or his dinner. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Adam Treloar at Revs once punching darts and feeling up two different chicks at once.

Was working at Camberwell hotel doing security, this was after Polak had been hit by a tram, Jake King, Polak and Schulz walk in for a few beers, bit later they stumbled out and Polak almost gets hit by a tram again, I yelled out to him as he was crossing to move and responded in time to move. The dude loves trams for some reason.
I worked there as well.

I don’t know anything in regards to Jack Watts, and I’m not implying anything, but that so happens to be one of the most common ways people usually buy illicit drugs.

I don’t know anything in regards to Jack Watts, and I’m not implying anything, but that so happens to be one of the most common ways people usually buy illicit drugs.
Hah mate this was at Boney, I'll tell you now he didn't need drugs..........

Hah mate this was at Boney, I'll tell you now he didn't need drugs..........

I don’t know that place. Just thought it sounded funny considering it was an example of him being a champion bloke but it also could’ve been the opposite :p

Saw Daniel Menzel out on the pull at 3am in Adelaide after Geelong had lost to the Crows. Was literally like a pigeon trying to pick up scraps, then a friend of the girl I was with took a liking to him. We ended up walking back to the hotel he was staying at. He tried to get her inside, but my girl cockblocked them haha. Told him I was gonna get Scotty on the phone and let him know what he’s been up to.

The Wiz carrying a carton on his shoulder out of the bottle shop while on suspension by the club for something to do with getting on the piss I think.

Either that or twatting Campbell Brown with a lump of wood out the back of Fremantle Oval when we were kids. Or so the legend goes.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Wiz is apparently a good guy and even though he played in the 90s and early 2000s he was still a relic from the past – and back then it wasn't abnormal to go out the Thursday before a Saturday game. He didn't take footy that seriously and now just hangs out with his kids. A classic case of those guys who were good but you wonder if they trained as hard as everyone else, how good they'd actually be.

Then you look at these guys who try their guts out and win beep tests and still have no idea how to get or use the football and... man.

28379204_422331181538340_9161043666535777402_n.jpg

credit: nuffies on afl pages on facebook. wowee.

Colin Sylvia trying to pull the don't you know who I am to a bouncer to get into a club with no ID on him.

" you're that campaigner on the news that stole money off people to * hookers. Come on in mate "
Fixed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back