Opinion Best ever moment as a Swans fan

Remove this Banner Ad

three tim lane comments during that quarter: "they can do no wrong!" and "this is not how it was meant to be" (think that last one is the quote) ... and of course "... and the swans are in the grand final!" ...
that quarter just got better and better and, compared to the tension of the previous week, it was a spectacular celebration of that swans team

At the ground, I knew Hall would get off. McGuire had been thumping him all game.

Have to say we were lucky Thomas was such a complete rubbish coach. They had a talented team. Thomas went into a hubris coma at 3/4 time.

that st kilda final quarter, the week after the nick davis final quarter ... friggin brilliant!
The Saints QF gets overlooked more than it should I feel. It was a cracking game and a another great chase by us. Woefully underappreciated by the pundits.

The Saints QF gets overlooked more than it should I feel. It was a cracking game and a another great chase by us. Woefully underappreciated by the pundits.

I think it was cause it was only the moderately stressful, mild heart attack in between the two hospitalisation-worthy heart attacks.

My best ever moments have already been mentioned, these are a few favourites from the last few years that were unexpected and I totally loved...

I was at the first two, would have loved to have been at the third!

[/QUOTE

I like how two of these highlights were round 1 matches.

After the end of this season, (when I started to get over the elimination final loss), I watched some highlights from this year to soothe the pain...or torture myself.... We also had a great game in round 1 this year vs Brisbane. (would post highlights video if I knew how to).. You could really see how our system of play started to click in to gear, against a good team as well. And we did it with 3 debutants.

My best ever moments have already been mentioned, these are a few favourites from the last few years that were unexpected and I totally loved...

I was at the first two, would have loved to have been at the third!

After the end of this season, (when I started to get over the elimination final loss), I watched some highlights from this year to soothe the pain...or torture myself.... We also had a great game in round 1 this year vs Brisbane. (would post highlights video if I knew how to).. You could really see how our system of play started to click in to gear, against a good team as well. And we did it with 3 debutants.

PS.
1. youtube
a. search youtube for "afl brisbane sydney 2021" (without quotes),
b. use BF media
bf media icon.jpg
c. copy and paste the youtube web page link
bf media link.jpg
2. afl.com select Matches tab , from drop down Match Videos, selected round 1, clicked on Brisbane Swans game, then copied and pasted the web page link into this post

Attachments

• bf media link.jpg
    bf media link.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'll never forget watching plugger kick the point in 1996 to put us into the grand final. My wife and I danced around the loungeroom for at least 10 minutes. It was an event I thought I would never experience.
However, as great as that was, it didn't match the euphoria of the 2005 grand final win. There was about 15 of us (all family) in the standing room area under the great Southern stand. We'd been told on the radio 5 minutes previously that there was only a minute to go. The stress of having to defend again and again and again was unbearable.
When Leo took his mark and the siren went, I knew for the first time, was absolute jubilation felt like. We hugged each other again and again together with anyone else wearing red and white. Queen's "we are the champions" never sounded better. I lost my voice singing that song. Every time I hear it now, that memory returns.

Running out with the Swans as their mascots when they versed Queensland at Mayne Football Club

Moose Henwood smashing into hard man John Fidge from Brisbane and absolutely nailing him.

Capper kicking his 100th in an otherwise forgettable match (oh and that Mark)

Pluggers point to put us in the final

Beating Collingwood with a bunch of injuries during the game

Nick Davis four goals

2005 Grand Final

and pretty much everything else people have pointed out thereafter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Brett Kirk broke into the seniors, and went on to become Captain

2005 semi vs Geelong was pretty special. I was up in the Clive Churchill stand with my old man and it was prime viewing for the Nick Davis show in the last qtr. Will never forget how loud the SCG was when he put us in front with seconds to spare.

2005 was the best year to be a supporter. :cool: Swans 2005 Premiers, Liverpool won the Champions League, and Glasgow Rangers won the Scottish Premiership in the most dramatic fashion possible, known as 'Helicopter Sunday' :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back