Best exponent of the handball in the AFL era

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer mate, whatever. The whole world has to be a member of big footy to prove they follow a club. My grandmother is 99 years old and followed Collingwood all her life, but because she is not a member of big footy means she is not a supporter. You need to come up with a better theory than the date someone joined big footy, genius. It doesnt mean s**t.

In some situations and can have some use but those situations are very rare.
Which is why the 30+m handball is rare.

It's like the torp, 99% of times it is the wrong option, but when executed well it is a handy part of a players arsenal.

You can pick out the odd individual player who is a brilliant handballer (Williams, Mitchell). But i would say the Western Bulldogs have about 10 players who can handball better than that, they have brought handball skills to a new level. Because of this some club supporters started this campaign based on jealousy, saying they get away with throwing it. Who cares, it was a major reason in winning in a flag. Even in the games so far this year, some supporters are still whinging about it, but they still seem to be getting away with it. Ha Ha Ha.

Ha ha. Suck it in buddy.

By the way use the word Jesus, in the way that it should be used. And it is not like that.

Ha ha.
Thanks buddy. I achieved my goal then. Ha ha ha ha!

Yer mate, whatever. The whole world has to be a member of big footy to prove they follow a club. My grandmother is 99 years old and followed Collingwood all her life, but because she is not a member of big footy means she is not a supporter. You need to come up with a better theory than the date someone joined big footy, genius. It doesnt mean s**t.

Please stop.

I'm not going buy into who was best, suffice to say Corey Enright was amazing under pressure;

As Sandy Roberts said, "What more can you say"!

Last edited:
haven't read any posts but this thread needs moar gresham. Hanballs so good players materialise in the spaces he puts it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strictly from an eagles point of view (most other players having been covered)

Cousins was always a bit of a beast with the medium - long range handballs off either wing, very effective in giving people space by not having them break stride, although he much preferred to kick when in space. He was very good at drawing the player and copping punishment himself when releasing, barely ever missed a target and very rarely had his hands pinned.

End of this video is an example (handball examples are hard to find)

Daniel Kerr would have to beat almost anyone for creativity, multiple times he'd get impossible handballs out while in mid air, being flung or not looking at his targets. A few examples in the below video.

Maybe it's just me, but I always remember Matty Knights as a pretty good handballer.

A similar player to Sam Mitchell, in that while he wasn't the quickest player he always seemed to find time and space.

As much as I hated him as a player, and it's going along with the general consensus, Diesel Williams.

I'm not sure if they were the best handballs, but jeeze he was fast. Credit where it is due.

You can pick out the odd individual player who is a brilliant handballer (Williams, Mitchell). But i would say the Western Bulldogs have about 10 players who can handball better than that, they have brought handball skills to a new level. Because of this some club supporters started this campaign based on jealousy, saying they get away with throwing it. Who cares, it was a major reason in winning in a flag. Even in the games so far this year, some supporters are still whinging about it, but they still seem to be getting away with it. Ha Ha Ha.

Ok so we all understand you now have a chip on your shoulder.

And completely blinded by bias. You wouldn't find one other Bulldog supporter to back you up in that ludicrous assertion.

Please stop.
Ok so we all understand you now have a chip on your shoulder.

And completely blinded by bias. You wouldn't find one other Bulldog supporter to back you up in that ludicrous assertion.
I used to have a chip on my shoulder buddy with footy, but winning the flag has left me at peace. I exaggerated a bit mate, but I maintain that the Bulldogs are the best handballing side I have ever side. Individual handballers have been better, but as a team they have not been. If that is bias, so be it, whether other Bulldog supporters back it up , i dont care.

1. Greg Williams - quick, quick hands, solid body work to get the ball
2. Sam Mitchell - poise, creates space, decision making
3. Michael Voss - power, distance, solid body work to get the ball
4. Simon Black - drew opponents to release, picked right option
5. Scott Pendlebury - poise, creates space, directed team mates with handball release

Remove this Banner Ad

Back