Best Fielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Taylor at 1st slip, Mark Waugh at 2nd slip, Ponting in gully, Symonds at cover, Bevan at mid wicket

Ted Pellitts said:
Mark Taylor at 1st slip, Mark Waugh at 2nd slip, Ponting in gully, Symonds at cover, Bevan at mid wicket

Ponting's never been at gully. He has spent the majority of his career at 3rd slip

Did I read Lehman at mid off? Lee can't bowl but he saved us 15-20 runs when he was chasing them all over the park last test.

¥earofthecat said:
:confused: I thought he played their alot during ODI's. Didnt he play there alot early in his cricket career?

Early in his ODI career he was backward point - ala Jonty Rhodes.
In tests he has been a slipper and silly mid off to the spinners occasionally

punter257 said:
In tests he has been a slipper and silly mid off to the spinners occasionally

The catch he took fielding there in the 4th test was magestic.

The arrogance he showed in his celebration was great to watch.

Ponting spent the early part of his test career in point.

We had Taylor at 1, M Waugh at 2, Warne at 3, S Waugh at gully, with Ponting at point. That was pretty intimidating.

Hayden came into the fray not too long after and moved into gully, with S Waugh moving out to point, Ponting to 3, and Warne to 1.

The best fieldsman i've ever seen is Symonds, but has never really gone into the slips. He is the best fieldsman outside of slips.

best sliips fieldsman was either M Waugh or M Taylor. Taylor was more consistent, but Waugh did the freakish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
Aussies Best fielding team of last 15 yrs
WK- Healy
1st Slip- M.Taylor
2nd Slip- M.Waugh
3rd slip- S.Warne
Gully- Hayden
Point- D.Jones
Cover- Ponting
Short Leg- Boon
Mid Off- D.Lehman
MidWicket- A.Symonds
Bowler- McGrath

Not a bad list. But your having a lend of us with Boof in there. Any sod with half an athletic muscle would have the edge over lehmann at that oh so vital fielding position of Mid-off.

Brett Lee comes to mind (as 12th man of course)

silky-smooth said:
:D Gibbs let him off that day in 1999

Happened to me on the weekend but I was the bowler!!! I was spewing.

The batsman was known as a huge hitter and I had someone kept him very quiet, then I had hime caught, well so I thought I was even about to give him the big Dennis Lilee send off...man would me face of been red :eek: :D

eddiesmith said:
Aussies Best fielding team of last 15 yrs
WK- Healy
1st Slip- M.Taylor
2nd Slip- M.Waugh
3rd slip- S.Warne
Gully- Hayden
Point- D.Jones
Cover- Ponting
Short Leg- Boon
Mid Off- D.Lehman
MidWicket- A.Symonds
Bowler- McGrath
surely bevan gets in that team somewhere

Who's the best fielder you've seen in cricket? Over the years I've seen some beauties, but I don't believe I've seen a better fielder than Andrew Symonds. Spectacularly brilliant. I would be interested in who other people consider to be the best they've seen.
This guy.
1 minute 46 seconds in

FREAK TALENT!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back