Best five players to come from other Clubs over the past 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is the bye and I am bored rigid. But here is a topic that could keep us warm as the chill of winter descends.

My top 5 are-
1 Buddy
2 Maxfield
3 Plugger
4 Roos
5 Davis

All the above are for different reasons and no disrespect is intended for all the terrific players who have represented our Club.

JPK has to be in there and there's a strong case for Bolton too, but don't forget Maxfield's role in the 2005 flag. He was just as important to us as Brave Bob was to the Dogs in 2016, but didn't make a fool of himself on the big day. It's a good discussion to have though!

Davis played 1 good game and gets in the top 5 list. Kennedy carries a midfield for a decade and no mention.
JPK is my favourite Swan ever so I'm not disagreeing with you

BUT

That one good game (more accurately quarter) by Davis was amazing and resulted in the unimaginable.

I think based on productivity over a decade JPK gets in the top 5 list tbh... but in terms of sentimentality and how important that one game was for us, Davis for sure. Its something that we would tell our kids it actually happened. 15 years on and I still know what the goals looked like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looked at Maxfield's playing career and its quite an interesting background there. Tiges let him go for some reason. Was an uncontracted player, years later he becomes our captain. Nice bit of trivia...

Was probably the second player I recognised playing for the Swans (after Hall ofc).

-
Perhaps we should change the thread title to - Five best players to have come to us in the last 30 years
you may have to include "value" Dane Rampe (rookie draft 37 in 2013) Tom Papley (rookie draft 14 in 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back