Best five players to come from other Clubs over the past 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Okie dokie then - Five best Swans of the last 30 years !

Which I don't think we need a thread for.

Going purely by trades. (No free agency or pre season draft)

1. Tony Lockett
2. JPK
3. Barry Hall
4. Ted Richards
5. Paul Williams

Unlucky - Ball, Jolly, Mattner, Shaw, Mumford, Davis

I like Bonz's list of:

1. Tony Lockett
2. JPK
3. Barry Hall
4. Ted Richards
5. Paul Williams

But I can't stand the thought of not including Roos and Buddy, so I'm going with:

1. Roos
2. JPK
3. Franklin
4. Lockett
5. Hall

A lot of really influential players are pretty unlucky here, but you gotta stop somewhere...

I like Bonz's list of:

1. Tony Lockett
2. JPK
3. Barry Hall
4. Ted Richards
5. Paul Williams

But I can't stand the thought of not including Roos and Buddy, so I'm going with:

1. Roos
2. JPK
3. Franklin
4. Lockett
5. Hall

A lot of really influential players are pretty unlucky here, but you gotta stop somewhere...

Kudos for mentioning Paul Williams.

I like Bonz's list of:

1. Tony Lockett
2. JPK
3. Barry Hall
4. Ted Richards
5. Paul Williams

1. Roos
2. JPK
3. Franklin
4. Lockett
5. Hall

It's a trade thread, neither Franklin nor Roos qualify.

Paul Williams was a critical player for us, classy, hard and provided great leadership.

It's a trade thread, neither Franklin nor Roos qualify.

Paul Williams was a critical player for us, classy, hard and provided great leadership.
Yes, I totally agree with everything you've said... I wasn't having a go at you, I was lauding your list!

Paul Williams was HUGE at the time, not only did he stay, he was critical to our breaking the drought and setting the standard...

And Craig Bolton not getting a spot is also a major gaff imo...

But by the time I got to this thread, it was no longer 'trade'... which opened the door for Roos & Franklin. Franklin will be in the top 5 best imports for years to come imo, and while it's probably a stretch to say that Roos was in the top 5 best, he certainly qualifies as in the top 5 most influential...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back