Best Flag Win

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Blues flag do you think is the best ever and which is the best in your time?

For me, I consider the 1970 win to be a pivotal moment in Blues history and the real emergence of some Blues legends. In my time, 1995 was our best. Mainly because success had come too easily in the previous 4 I had seen and we had missed the finals and struggled from 89-92 and looked to be too old and were written off. To produce such an amazing season culminated in the perfect grand final will sit with me forever.

If you're talking about a consistent performance over the whole season - 1995.

If you're talking about a so-so performance over the season, followed by a slightly lucky GF win, against a more consistent team - 1970.

I think 1995 was Carlton's best flag. Old timers might say 1908 (19-1), but to go 23-2 in a thriving, competitive national competiton, is a great achievement.

1970 would be good for the video cabinet as a enjoyable match, I'd imagine. But 1995 was the supreme effort over the whole year.

That's my take as an outsider anyway.

Only talking one game here Dan. I enjoyed 95 as a culmination of a great season but mainly because we played the perfect game of football. In 1970, legends were born from that match. Regardless of how the rest of the season went. It shines like a beacon for grand final romanticism despite maybe not being our best side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back