Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

OK I am rolling up the Covid willy-fight and putting it elsewhere.

For confused newcomers: I just deleted 35 posts arguing about vaccination and crap.

...and look where that got you

Day off.png

I live on the vic / nsw border and I can tell you ex AFL players are a crap shoot. Some do the right thing but most are morons that think the world owes them a living. Funnily enough Fev was one of the better ones. Did his duty, kicked goals, brought in the crowds, and hung around acting like a normal bloke after

Fev did have a pretty good reason to show up and perform though.

From a source I trust (a mate of mine with no real reason to lie).

“My Uncle’s mate was at a barbie with Simmo last week. Said he was surprisingly open and candid about the teams chances this year. Take with a healthy grain of salt but main take always were:
  • even Sim says all going perfectly they are a bottom of the 8 side, but expect 14-9 more likely
  • list mgmt and coaches wanted JK and hurn to retire, but club hierarchy agreed the extensions
  • he said some of the kids not yet getting regular games are actually really good, but need a year or 2 of pain and is confident they can play
  • should have been in a rebuild, but board too scared of member backlash

Tail wagging the dog a bit! A few injuries and blood more kids could be a blessing!!! Prepare for boos at home games but 😜🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“My Uncle’s mate was at a barbie with Simmo last week. Said he was surprisingly open and candid about the teams chances this year. Take with a healthy grain of salt but main take always were:
  • even Sim says all going perfectly they are a bottom of the 8 side, but expect 14-9 more likely
  • list mgmt and coaches wanted JK and hurn to retire, but club hierarchy agreed the extensions
  • he said some of the kids not yet getting regular games are actually really good, but need a year or 2 of pain and is confident they can play

Tail wagging the dog a bit! A few injuries and blood more kids could be a blessing!!! Prepare for boos at home games but 😜🤦‍♂️
West Coast remind me of 2019. Should be looking to rebuild, but delaying the inevitable.

i didnt do it 50 cent GIF by Team Coco

Where do you think the Eagles list is at Mastenator? Thoughts on ladder position this year?
You can go to the Eagles board and find out what our expectations are.

The fact is that Simmo would never talk like that to your mates, uncles mate at a BBQ. He may think all those things but it's obviously bullshit.

You can go to the Eagles board and find out what our expectations are.

The fact is that Simmo would never talk like that to your mates, uncles mate at a BBQ. He may think all those things but it's obviously bullshit.
No,I think The_Duck is on the money.
I heard Simmo was pissed as and talking heaps of s**t,actually made a real campaigner of himself.
Was last seen crying in his cups,wailing about Darling and vaccinations.
He won't be invited back for another barbie.

West Coast supporter comes in to deny rumour about West Coast, says nothing about any other rumour. Shocker.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
There hasn't been a decent rumour on here for ages, hence the lack of posts. Just saw that obviously laughable west coast one so responded.

There hasn't been a decent rumour on here for ages, hence the lack of posts. Just saw that obviously laughable west coast one so responded.

Not sure what makes it 'obviously laughable' to be honest. Wasn't anything especially outlandish in it - yeah, that doesn't necessarily mean it's true (and it probably isn't) but 'club hierarchy say no to retiring legends and blooding youth for fear of fan backlash' is hardly '<insert Melbourne woman from TV in 80s/90s> with Diesel and a coke bottle' territory.

Not sure what makes it 'obviously laughable' to be honest. Wasn't anything especially outlandish in it - yeah, that doesn't necessarily mean it's true (and it probably isn't) but 'club hierarchy say no to retiring legends and blooding youth for fear of fan backlash' is hardly '<insert Melbourne woman from TV in 80s/90s> with Diesel and a coke bottle' territory.

thats believable and highly likely.

the going off like a drunk uncle at some random backyard bbq from an experienced senior coach is the laughable part.

I heard that allegedly Ziebell lead a drug culture at North and when all the players went out on a Sunday after a game he demanded you take some stuff with/from him and the next day at training when the coaches called a meeting to ask why some players were lethargic and some were hitting PB's he dobbed in all the players who refused to take the drugs and said he heard they were out on the piss all night and that they should be fined. Didn't dob in anyone who took the drugs with him.

I heard that allegedly Ziebell lead a drug culture at North and when all the players went out on a Sunday after a game he demanded you take some stuff with/from him and the next day at training when the coaches called a meeting to ask why some players were lethargic and some were hitting PB's he dobbed in all the players who refused to take the drugs and said he heard they were out on the piss all night and that they should be fined. Didn't dob in anyone who took the drugs with him.

Can confirm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back