Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

I say go for it Larry - my experience has been positive by adopting Big Footy vernacular in the workplace.

Took me a while but I soon worked out this site replaces "That Word" with "campaigner" ...well I think that is what is going on, and I have since adopted this approach at work. I no longer call the annoying old bastard That Word, instead I call him a campaigner - and I now spend a lot less time in front of HR as a result.

Best bit is he is oblivious and thinks it is a term of endearment or sign of respect, like he is some battle-hardened experienced warrior or something, the silly campaigner.
Campaigner really is one of the great substitute words

Not a rumour, 100% fact. Big name recruits are given minimal fee "leases" on cars and houses by the clubs sponsors
100% above board and nothing the AFL can do about it.

of course it's fact...

they are quite often given opportunities to:
- purchase equity in property development vehicles. (at ground floor rates).
- obtain businesses for partners/family that are quite often run under management agreements, (ie no active involvement save collecting a semi regular income stream - heck some of these agreements may be roughly aligned to the length of the player's contract)
- acquire and then on-sell intangible assets/performance rights/licenses.

It's a step up from when every $5, $10 & $100 note in the social club tills were collected on Sundays & Mondays and stuffed into the glove box of a certain CFC CHF's latest "lease" car. (but the principle is the same)

I say go for it Larry - my experience has been positive by adopting Big Footy vernacular in the workplace.

Took me a while but I soon worked out this site replaces "That Word" with "campaigner" ...well I think that is what is going on, and I have since adopted this approach at work. I no longer call the annoying old bastard That Word, instead I call him a campaigner - and I now spend a lot less time in front of HR as a result.

Best bit is he is oblivious and thinks it is a term of endearment or sign of respect, like he is some battle-hardened experienced warrior or something, the silly campaigner.
See if he twigs when you tell him about your missus getting her campaigner waxed !

Glascott's Monkey is a bit of a star, isn't he...

tumblr_nr3rqa7R5R1rqbio6o1_400.gif

Massive scandal down at the demons. Walked past their training the other day and saw Clayton Oliver actually hit a target via foot on the run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back