Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

No doubt, and most of today's stores are hugely overblown.

But in this case, it would be directly comparable to one of Richmond's current three time premiership players being involved in a fatal car accident this year while driving at more than three times the BAC limit. (Buckley had played in flags in '79 then back to bck in '81 and '82, so timeline would be the same as a current Tigers player from their '17, '19 and '20 flags). It would be a massive news story for a long time.

I'm not trying to hammer Buckley here, just making the comparion between the coverage of off field happenings then and now.
I remember it being big news at the time.pretty sure elliott was ceo of fosters and Buckley wss an exec.

Lots of people have kept Jimmy out of the clink over the years. Almost as many have conceded that he won't be paying his tab at the bar today (or the next day or the next day or the next day).

Extraordinary credit must go to Debra, and probably a number of school teachers and coaches along the way I'd presume for how Dylan and his sister have ended up. Certainly not the influence of their father!

Ooh we have a 'pal'...

BTW, rumour is the pigeon at the G is tethered there and trained to smell mustard gas. Terrorist attack imminent?
Vivid imagination
It’s still there, my friend.

I can see it right in front of me.

I reckon the pigeon has had more kicks than Brockman.
Same amount of marks as Ceglar

We are on day three of daily Gary Rohan articles in major publications, this one about selling his Sydney home.

Gary Rohan ffs.

Kane Cornes, the self appointed hard man’ of the media used to ring up journalists if he didn’t like what they had written about his performance, or if they hadn’t included him in the best players in a game where he deemed himself worthy of that recognition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes, the self appointed hard man’ of the media used to ring up journalists if he didn’t like what they had written about his performance, or if they hadn’t included him in the best players in a game where he deemed himself worthy of that recognition.

Hi Tex

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The other part of this Buckley story which I find amazing is that he played a game four days after the crash.
it would be unimaginable today for a player to be involved in a fatal car accident and play the same week, regardless of whether or not he was at fault.
I'm also amazed that such a tragic incdent has been so rarely mentioned over the years. Yes, there were obviously the referenced articles at the time, but I have never heard the accident mentioned since. At the time Buckley was a high profile three time premership player. In today's footy media landscape it would be a massive story.

I understand that at the time some joked there was

The Dominator
The Masturbator
The Terminator

All playing for Carlton.

Not sure what potential moniker Glasscot and his Monkey would have copped

Ooh we have a 'pal'...

BTW, rumour is the pigeon at the G is tethered there and trained to smell mustard gas. Terrorist attack imminent?
6SlPobT.jpg

Unsurprising from a bloke who walked out of the Club Best and Fairest because he didn't win it

Unsurprising from a bloke who walked out of the Club Best and Fairest because he didn't win it
Yep this

Only came bank into the function because his old man followed him out and told him to pull his head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back