Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux

Remove this Banner Ad

Minka Beaver

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah, can't remember RU. I've lost touch with all that crew too so no longer have the connections to find out.
This Paul Daffey article from 2011 is terrific - answers it all:

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I’d like to know more about Don Scott’s departure from special comments at Channel 7 during the late 1990s (I think he called his last game in 1997?) …

On the podcast he is part of (with Sam Newman), they have tried to bait him numerous times in the past to spill the story on air and when a certain name (Bruce McAvaney) is mentioned, Don has been very dismissive. There is definitely bad blood there and it sounds like some pretty interesting events went down at the time…
Me, too. They've said a few times that he was busted bagging Bruce off air, because his mic was still live somewhere.

Devington

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
lol, it's probably just going to be that bullshit damage control rumour that surfaced right after he was traded, where the hero of the story Big Ed looked after Treloars ex that he was cheating on by giving her a job, and that the reason his salary was backloaded was because Treloar requested it so he didn't have to pay as much when they separated or some dumb sh*t.

It was some absolute drivel then and it's done the rounds a handful of times since. I'm incredulous anyone ever gave it a second glance let alone thought it had even a speck of truth in it.

StCicatriz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 3, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
lol, it's probably just going to be that bullshit damage control rumour that surfaced right after he was traded, where the hero of the story Big Ed looked after Treloars ex that he was cheating on by giving her a job, and that the reason his salary was backloaded was because Treloar requested it so he didn't have to pay as much when they separated or some dumb sh*t.

It was some absolute drivel then and it's done the rounds a handful of times since. I'm incredulous anyone ever gave it a second glance let alone thought it had even a speck of truth in it.
Lol hahahahahahaha

The only reason treloars salary was back ended was because the pies loaded up their cap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Aveley
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a rumour I wish to post but I heard it from someone I don't particularly trust. Do I post it here or should I start another thread?
Post it here and if it’s rubbish it will be forgotten about in a page or two.

But if it’s good and grows legs, you can always make a specific thread about it. Consider this your rumour workshop. We critique out of love.

Borussia Teeth

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle Seahawks, SA Spurs
I have a rumour I wish to post but I heard it from someone I don't particularly trust. Do I post it here or should I start another thread?
Well, it’s both a rumour and not a rumour at the same time at this point.
Much like Schrödinger’s cat and Glascott’s monkey.

Sainter3and7

Premium Gold
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Who was the Collingwood player in the video hitting umpires? I'd like to Google him and find out more about him on and off-field. My gut feeling is that he'd have got in some big trouble in life.