Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Have heard this about Mitchell as well. There's a reason Hodge took over as captain
Apparently he was very self centred when he was captain and wasn't a great communicator

Word on the street is this has changed over the back end of his career

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Apparently he was very self centred when he was captain and wasn't a great communicator

wasn’t there also the story that he didn’t see out his assistant gig at west coast due to an ultimatum from the wife after stepping out?

Have heard this about Mitchell as well. There's a reason Hodge took over as captain
The reason was that Jeff wouldn't allow dual captains, and they had pre-arranged to hand over the captaincy, with Mitchell taking it first.

but yeah...I'm sure someone can come up with a whatsapp screen grab that refutes this. :moustache:

Yep, was a demanding prick to play with, but has spent a large part of his time since crossing to West Coast on trying to soften his approach to transition into coaching. With the way Box Hill is travelling and the development of players there, it seems to be working.

Yep, was a demanding prick to play with, but has spent a large part of his time since crossing to West Coast on trying to soften his approach to transition into coaching. With the way Box Hill is travelling and the development of players there, it seems to be working.

I have a friend whose judgement on people I trust, say Mitchell was an arrogant turd, even before he made it as an AFL player.

But that was a long time ago, and people can mature and change I guess.

I have a friend whose judgement on people I trust, say Mitchell was an arrogant turd, even before he made it as an AFL player.

Yeah, I know a guy who has known him since they both played together at Box Hill. Said much the same thing, but also that he's since mellowed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is already very well documented. To further what is fairly widely known. He expected everyone to have the same workrate as he did. He was therefore not very popular.

However he also accepted it as a shortcoming and worked on improving that part of his personality/ professionalism. The still he gained from that is one of the key reasons people think he will be such a good coach.

This is already very well documented. To further what is fairly widely known. He expected everyone to have the same workrate as he did. He was therefore not very popular.

However he also accepted it as a shortcoming and worked on improving that part of his personality/ professionalism. The still he gained from that is one of the key reasons people think he will be such a good coach.
Nathan Buckley Likes This

He must have read Buckley’s book.

Confession: I find it kind of funny, but based on everything I hear about Chad from very close sources he is such a great guy.

Not a slight against Hawks, Chad has always been a very family oriented man and his family does some incredible work in the social services area around Murray Bridge that he was involved in and to be quite frank was great at. He just never makes a song and dance about it in the media. COVID has obviously made his ability to nip home much tougher and it has been getting to him.

Chad is still apparently happy to play at the Hawks but will keep a line open.
You are so far wrong. Chad is hated in murray bridge, mostly by our aboriginal community because hes a fake human being. So get it right before saying stupid s**t like this.

You are so far wrong. Chad is hated in murray bridge, mostly by our aboriginal community because hes a fake human being. So get it right before saying stupid sh*t like this.

Sounds like Chad cut someone's lunch once upon a time.

Tick
And the players weren’t unhappy to see him leave early

Im mutal friends with one of the eagles players from vic. Said Mitchell was gun assistant coach & was massive on them making the GF and winning. Is a strong personality & was generally well liked amongst the senior group.

obviously not everyone of the 44 on the list is gonna like a coach but that standard at any footy club.

if you’re gonna sh*t on a rumour, at least provide some info
Gotta say, I love this response.

post a rumor = ok.
Deny a rumour = you better have evidence for shitting on this rumour bro!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back