Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Last edited:
Always love these comments

It interesting as if the player is a gun,
The player seems to stay .
Well at Tigerland anyway
Not sure what your point is to be honest

a. I don't barrack for either teams he played for

and

b. I knew him and the blokes he knocked around with at the time, so I'm very happy with my sources

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Didn't Nick Reiwoldt stop training about 4 years before he retired and still managed to play every week and run blokes off their feet?

Even still, it's their choice to play and they know footy will cause injury. You don't get to turn around and sue later on because your knee's sore, like no sh*t. You're telling me a removalist or tiler will have a bad back later in life? Colour me shocked
Don’t think he could have played top level and stopped training, i haven’t ever heard that, bloke was a running machine who would run 3-4 kms before the game to warm up, his training loads were prob reduced as he got older..

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
It was actually David Honybun.

Gale had a connection to it though - it was his van that used to transport Honybun to games (Christ knows what happened on that mattress the rest of the week...)

There was a kid in my class who was the only Richmond fan at the school (this is 1990, so grim times for the Tiges). When we were asked to write a letter to our heroes, most of us did the dumb thing and wrote to Allan Border, which meant we never got a reply. This kid instead wrote to Honybun, who wrote back with a long double-sided letter, included pictures of his fiancee and family etc. No photos from the van, thankfully.
Yep, fixed up my error above. Gale told the story at a sportsman night I went to about 20 years ago so I think that was the source of my misconception that it was his back that was knackered. Dave was a mate of a mate of mine through his AG Science course at Melb Uni so had beers with him a couple of times when he was playing at the Blues - riotously funny bloke.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
It was actually David Honybun.

Gale had a connection to it though - it was his van that used to transport Honybun to games (Christ knows what happened on that mattress the rest of the week...)

There was a kid in my class who was the only Richmond fan at the school (this is 1990, so grim times for the Tiges). When we were asked to write a letter to our heroes, most of us did the dumb thing and wrote to Allan Border, which meant we never got a reply. This kid instead wrote to Honybun, who wrote back with a long double-sided letter, included pictures of his fiancee and family etc. No photos from the van, thankfully.
Good story.reminds me of the stories about van de haars panel van

Jamolad

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
View attachment 1113824

Nonsense lad, they wouldn't what it is to play with pain.

Remember a game when me head came completely off, picked it up, put it back on and won BOG.

Sure had to have an op later, but that were only because I put on head wrong way round.

Kids these days.

In my day, guys like Richard Osborne would die and only miss 3 weeks.

Outs:
J Smith (Knee) - Season
R. Brown (Wrist) - 4 Weeks
R Osborne (Died) - 3 Weeks

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If Darcy Moore had any sense of theater he would pull the seagull pose one day during a game at the "G"

Thinking Brodie Grundy would be far better in that role cause A he seems far more to be a pothead/stoner than Moore and B his massive paypacket :)

Nah your just a sh*t club with sh*t historical culture that not even a guy like Ratten who has breathed success in his previous football career can save.
Hahaha wtf has your club shown over the last 15 years?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Has there been issues going on behind the scenes with the Saints? Something does not feel right.

Nah your just a sh*t club with sh*t historical culture that not even a guy like Ratten who has breathed success in his previous football career can save.

Hahaha wtf has your club shown over the last 15 years?

Oh look supporter of another insipid club with a terrible culture jumps up to defend the “shut club gang”
clockwork

Oh look supporter of another insipid club with a terrible culture jumps up to defend the “shut club gang”

clockwork
hahaha I would cop that if you supported Geelong, Richmond or Hawthorn or one of the teams that had won a final in the last 15-16 years.

Our insipid club is 6-0. The last time you club won 6 in a row you got suspended for drugging your players. Have fun cheering on your great club in a battle of two bottom 6 clubs

Blokes making the news for something argumentative/conflict that happened at training suggests yeah, something's going on.
Nah, that's the media trying to make a story

Injuries have just stuffed your season. If it's like this again next year then maybe there is a story

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep, fixed up my error above. Gale told the story at a sportsman night I went to about 20 years ago so I think that was the source of my misconception that it was his back that was knackered. Dave was a mate of a mate of mine through his AG Science course at Melb Uni so had beers with him a couple of times when he was playing at the Blues - riotously funny bloke.
Do you know why Honybun didn't play for 3 seasons between 1984 and 1988? What's his story there? He played 5 games for Carlton in 1984, then didn't play for Richmond until 1988

Back