Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CH Jazz

Senior List
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another thread is claiming beams had a 1.2m gambling debt and Eddie paid it off for him when he came back down to Melbourne.

I call ******** but theoretically if it were true I wonder what the salary cap implications would be.

richoatthedisco

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Imagine the kind of woman who would **** McGuire and Quarterbrain. She'd have to be one dumb, ugly, desperate, shameless ho.

Another thread is claiming beams had a 1.2m gambling debt and Eddie paid it off for him when he came back down to Melbourne.

I call ******** but theoretically if it were true I wonder what the salary cap implications would be.
Theoretically, they'd be ****** as hard as Carlton were for their salary cap cheating, but it is Collingwood so they'll probably get a free kick.

CH Jazz

Senior List
AFL Club
Adelaide
Theoretically, they'd be ****** as hard as Carlton were for their salary cap cheating, but it is Collingwood so they'll probably get a free kick.

What if it were true and Eddie paid it off when Beams was still on the Lion’s books? Just a bloke gifting a large sum of money to a mate. AFL has no jurisdiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrJoel

Never doubted Jed
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What if it were true and Eddie paid it off when Beams was still on the Lion’s books? Just a bloke gifting a large sum of money to a mate. AFL has no jurisdiction.
Draft tampering. Payments outside the salary cap. They absolutely have jurisdiction.

CH Jazz

Senior List
AFL Club
Adelaide
Draft tampering. Payments outside the salary cap. They absolutely have jurisdiction.
It has nothing to do with the draft and if he was on the lions books then salary cap isn’t relevent for any income beams gets from sources not affiliated to brissie.

Again I don’t for a second think it’s true, just an interesting rumour in the grey.

richoatthedisco

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
It has nothing to do with the draft and if he was on the lions books then salary cap isn’t relevent for any income beams gets from sources not affiliated to brissie.

Again I don’t for a second think it’s true, just an interesting rumour in the grey.
It's the AFL, so you can bet your arse that if it doesn't come out in the media, nothing will happen. If it does, they will act to manage perception, whether it's relevant or not.

drewgle

Rookie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn

Could the salary cap implications be stripping of points?

MrJoel

Never doubted Jed
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Opposition president paying off your debts to entice you to his club isn't relevant? Absolutely against the rules.

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Melbourne 'strong man' Rod Grinter allegedly had the **** punched out of him by a teammate at a private function for the players circa 1986-88. Sensational fight with Wells, Connolly, Stynes, Lyon et.al all attempting to defuse without much luck! Grinter lost the fight but remarkably, and to his credit, refused to submit.

Apparently those involved laughed about it at next training session. The bloke who did the damage had a disjointed career through injury but played in the '88 loss to Hawthorn. Tough bastard.
Story about Rod Grinter I heard from a player that played with New Norfolk in the old TFL when he coached there in the late 90s was that he was probably the most unpopular coach in the club's history and was actively run out of town by the locals up there!

Rusty Brookes

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Can confirm Whitey used to buy vast amounts of green from a friend of mine back in his playing days only met him a couple of times but seemed like great bloke
He was lining for goal against the Hawks one day from the boundary line, when I started doing the "Daryl, Daryl" chant from the Simpsons.

More and more people picked up on it till there was a sizeable chant going. Of course, White nails the near impossible shot, turns around to us and gives the crowd the biggest smile - it seemed he got the joke and basically responded in the best way possible. Thank fornication, we still won the game because I would have felt like world's biggest idiot if I'd contributed to the Lions getting back into the match.

I would have loved to share a billy with him. He was a great player to watch.

Top Bottom