Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couple chooses to have a child
Life obviously gets slightly harder (obviously)
Couple spits it and doesn't come to work, yet expects full pay

You can tell who actually works in this thread. Some of you are living in lala land tbh. That isn't how the world operates and we're in for a very slippery slope if you think that's how it should.

For full disclosure, this is assuming there aren't serious health problems with Mum and bub which tbh, details would have been released had there been. Any boss would allow you time to deal with appointments, doctors etc in that instance. The guy who posted this rumour makes JS sound genuinely just soft and I'm basing assumptions off their rumour...
Rumour may not be true.

Your reading of this though is wild.

Lots of people suffer depression. Depression after becoming a parent (especially a mum) is quite common. Depression when your partner has depression is common. Depression when your life changes is common.

Depression is an illness that allows you sick leave. Any boss that says otherwise is too junior to care about.

If you haven't had kids your opinion doesn't count. Head over to the PS4 boards.
i have kids and i 100% agree with him

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Well, the toilets aren't going to clean themselves are they?
Haha not bad.

Amazing how far from reality some of you are though. You can tell who isn't remotely successful by who expects handouts every step of the way (hint, not me). Lucky some of you aren't self employed by the sounds of things. I really fear for the future the way we're going; life gets remotely difficult, anything unexpected or tough? Don't worry, just cry foul...

Anyway, we've proven how far we have fallen as a society when it comes to mental resiliency/toughness goes. Maybe move on from this rumour?

Haha not bad.

Amazing how far from reality some of you are though. You can tell who isn't remotely successful by who expects handouts every step of the way (hint, not me). Lucky some of you aren't self employed by the sounds of things. I really fear for the future the way we're going; life gets remotely difficult, anything unexpected or tough? Don't worry, just cry foul...

Anyway, we've proven how far we have fallen as a society when it comes to mental resiliency/toughness goes. Maybe move on from this rumour?

Give it a rest, you just sound like a moron

Rumour may not be true.

Your reading of this though is wild.

Lots of people suffer depression. Depression after becoming a parent (especially a mum) is quite common. Depression when your partner has depression is common. Depression when your life changes is common.

Depression is an illness that allows you sick leave. Any boss that says otherwise is too junior to care about.

So you expect employers, no matter how big or small to pay sickness leave for periods of up to six months because someone can't handle there own personal lives? Will these employees return the favour of working for reduced wages if the business is struggling and the employer is suffering from issues arising with trying to keep the business afloat? Somewhere society needs to draw a line, because I guarantee depression is an issue far too many will be willing to take advantage of.
Remember small business doesn't have the turnover of AFL clubs.

For the people 'disliking' my post. Would your employer allow you to have time off, fully paid because you chose to have a baby and it was harder than you thought it'd be? Genuine question. Mine sure wouldn't

Mine allows father's to take the full 18 weeks leave once only reserved for new mothers and mental health days are encouraged, so yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mine allows father's to take the full 18 weeks leave once only reserved for new mothers and mental health days are encouraged, so yes.
Do you get the full 18 weeks even if the mother is getting that? Crazy good deal for new families if so
Terrible for employers, especially small business if that became the norm

Do you get the full 18 weeks even if the mother is getting that? Crazy good deal for new families if so
Terrible for employers, especially small business if that became the norm

Wife works for her family buinsess. I work for a bigger company. Makes more sense for me to take it when the day potentially comes. If she wants to stay home with a newborn in that period I can go in and help out her family here and there. The terminology has just changed a lot in recent times. In our company it would be a PR disaster to deny a father the leave, even though my role is mostly reserved for male employees.
I have a mate who works at a smaller business with only male employees. He can't wrap his head around the fact I would be entitled to what his partner was when she had their first kid. Its a good thing though. I'll certainly have a closer initial relationship with my first child than most father's in history. It will only happen more now that this generation of women are getting better and higher paying jobs.

Wife works for her family buinsess. I work for a bigger company. Makes more sense for me to take it when the day potentially comes. If she wants to stay home with a newborn in that period I can go in and help out her family here and there. The terminology has just changed a lot in recent times. In our company it would be a PR disaster to deny a father the leave, even though my role is mostly reserved for male employees.
I have a mate who works at a smaller business with only male employees. He can't wrap his head around the fact I would be entitled to what his partner was when she had their first kid. Its a good thing though. I'll certainly have a closer initial relationship with my first child than most father's in history. It will only happen more now that this generation of women are getting better and higher paying jobs.
Absolutely makes sense. Don't think both parents should get the full 18 weeks (don't think they do anyway?) but certainly flexibility to choose how you split it works.

For the people 'disliking' my post. Would your employer allow you to have time off, fully paid because you chose to have a baby and it was harder than you thought it'd be? Genuine question. Mine sure wouldn't
Probably because you're not near as talented nor as important to your workplace.

Green dot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back