Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

showemhowtorock

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Such a typical post from a typical Freo supporter.

Thoughts - words - actions. Sooooooooooo Freo! Kind of sad in a way.

Seriously, would be good for you guys to change the tune - just once!
sorry Sounda but Eagles players and drugs is not a recurring narrative Freo fans keep bringing it up, it's a recurring narrative where Eagles players keep getting caught with Drugs

sounda

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
sorry Sounda but Eagles players and drugs is not a recurring narrative Freo fans keep bringing it up, it's a recurring narrative where Eagles players keep getting caught with Drugs
Ok well not wanting to turn this into a WCE v Freo gabfest - let's examine some facts.

1. Drugs have been a theme at Fremantle as well. Johnson and cocaine - ring any bells? Unfortunately, the same can probably be said for many clubs.

2. And yes WCE had a terrible culture in the early and mid 00's. However, the club has since changed that culture considerably. In fact, many other clubs have used the WCE model to refashion their own culture.

3. Rioli (if that's who you're referring to) has tested positive to metabolite of cannabis.

4. No findings against Rioli have been made whatsoever.

5. No findings have been made against the club - that is particularly important in the light of your post.

If - there is an adverse finding - I expect that Rioli may well have played his last game for the WCE. I am only speculating. In my opinion, there seems little chance that the club will want to go down that road again. A club does not expect it's players to clean up change rooms after a GF win to then walk past 'drugs'. Much has changed since you latched onto your anti WCE stance. You ought to follow things a little more closely if you want to provide commentary.

Having said that - cannabis is not an earth shattering event. To cite one possible instance of cannabis use (if that is what has occurred) and inflate that to be a club problem is utterly ridiculous. I accept the BS banter between the WCE and FFC members and supporters - hell I even enjoy it.

However, to try and rekindle with the 'WCE and drugs problem' garbage is thoroughly pointless. Fact is, it does not represent the reality of the club in 2019.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Judd cracked a harmless gag about the Eagles on Triple M a while ago. During a 'funny bit', he said "I haven't heard anyone talk that fast since the last West Coast Eagles Premiership party in 2006"

Top Bottom