Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some juicy rumours coming out of the Brisbane camp:

Berry/McLuggage have been known to share underwear.

Rayner & Witherden are best mates. See them up at Noosa all the time. The 2017/18 draft class are epic on the circuit apparently.

A fair portion of the Lions playing group are avid golfers.

Harris Andrews has FTTP nbn (unconfirmed).
pls expand

A Gold Coast player (don't know who) was on the wrong end of some gnarly localism at Burleigh Heads last week.

Richmond #11 loooooves some off-season nose powder apparently. I'm sceptical though, as there are is rich anecdotal evidence that the culture @ Punt Road is impeccable.

AFLW player (the one who drinks her bathwater a tad too much) walked out of a cubicle with some dude I loosely know at a Skegss gig.

* both rumour mill-derived of course, not to be taken seriously.

Do you really think just because a club has a good culture it means they don't party? I thought it was common knowledge these days that at least 5-10 of all AFL lists would dabble in that stuff.

Do you really think just because a club has a good culture it means they don't party? I thought it was common knowledge these days that at least 5-10 of all AFL lists would dabble in that stuff.

Isn’t common knowledge to me. 10 players is almost a quarter of an afl list. Would love if u could expand on the 10 players at the lions that ‘dabble in that stuff’ being common knowledge and all- would be a very interesting read...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Isn’t common knowledge to me. 10 players is almost a quarter of an afl list. Would love if u could expand on the 10 players at the lions that ‘dabble in that stuff’ being common knowledge and all- would be a very interesting read...

Think you'd be naive to think they don't get on the white stuff when they head out; 0 calories and except for game-day, not banned.

Young blokes with plenty of free time and cash....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you'd be naive to think they don't get on the white stuff when they head out; 0 calories and except for game-day, not banned.

Young blokes with plenty of free time and cash....

I get what you are saying, but who are ‘they’? If people are prepared to make statements like almost a quarter of every AFL list get on the gear, then provide us with some evidence. Of course it’s a rumour page and all and I understand that. I’m not having a sook (and possibly am a little naive on the situation) but genuinely couldn’t see 10 young lions players getting on it.

Just curious, what would you consider to be plenty of free time? I’d argue that they don’t get a lot of free time at all and certainly wouldn’t have the recovery time to have nose bears whenever they go out.

Just curious, what would you consider to be plenty of free time? I’d argue that they don’t get a lot of free time at all and certainly wouldn’t have the recovery time to have nose bears whenever they go out.

You're being a tad naive here, mate. Nose beers have been proven to win premierships.

I get what you are saying, but who are ‘they’? If people are prepared to make statements like almost a quarter of every AFL list get on the gear, then provide us with some evidence. Of course it’s a rumour page and all and I understand that. I’m not having a sook (and possibly am a little naive on the situation) but genuinely couldn’t see 10 young lions players getting on it.

If you can imagine them going out to a nightclub in the off-season, then they could just as likely enjoy some time amongst the snow. It's not always a dodgy addicts only type thing.

I think you might be a little naive about the prevalence of drug use amongst young people, particularly where they can afford it, and have the off-season to enjoy letting loose.

As far as full-time employees go, they have a reasonable amount of down-time, and the next day affects of a line are likely less impactful on performance than having too many beers.

If you can imagine them going out to a nightclub in the off-season, then they could just as likely enjoy some time amongst the snow. It's not always a dodgy addicts only type thing.

I think you might be a little naive about the prevalence of drug use amongst young people, particularly where they can afford it, and have the off-season to enjoy letting loose.

As far as full-time employees go, they have a reasonable amount of down-time, and the next day affects of a line are likely less impactful on performance than having too many beers.

Yeah can understand the whole offseason thing mate, but I read it more as every time they go out, including during the season as well. I’m probably overrating the professionalism of our young players. But if they did ever gear up, I hope that it would only be once in a blue moon. Appreciate you thoughts

Of course a good chunk of them do it you idiots

Most smart teams do it early in the day at a designated house with select friends/gurlz in attendance. Doing it down the local pub is risky business these days with mobile phones and the like - although some of the dumber players still clearly do it out in public too.

They have to let off steam and drinking 20 beers isn't really an option anymore either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back