Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Buddy story is him being off his head on cocaine in a corporate area at the Formula 1 in Melbourne. Andrew Demitriou was CEO at the time and he was there too and was asked to intervene and get Franklin out of the place, so he told Buddy to tone it down and Buddy just laughed it off, kept acting like a complete w***er and then Demitriou ended up leaving instead.

An ex-player told me Glen Archer smoked cigarettes throughout his whole career.
Apparently liked the cones before training in the under 19s too

Not a rumour, more from first hand social circle experience. A certain player known for his performance in big games, subsequently relocated interstate after he was advised it was in his best interests. Burned through friends and acquaintances very quickly. After being named in his club's team of the century, subsequently sold off the plaque he received to commemorate the event to pay the bills.

The Dominator?

He then went on to tell me of an incident where Stephen Hill got busted in a toilet a la Wayne Carey with the sister of a then-current Freo champ which had caused a lot of friction within the playing group.

Said champ has since retired.

Maybe it's just me but why should that cause friction? He wasn't cheating (presumably), it was just two consenting adults having a bit of fun on a night out. Is there some unwritten law that players can't hook up with another player's sister?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ‘party Bulldog’ everyone loved and thought was so cool wasn’t actually very cool in his ‘partying.’ Went to Italy and picked up a habit of drinking two bottles of wine a night (alone) and carried it on even after training every night.

Big name, West Coast TV anchor used to kiss blokes when he hung around pubs in Claremont, no idea if it was him pinging or what, but he did a lot. The murmur was it was more than kisses too.

One of the St Kilda Jacks used to wear his Vic Metro jumper... everywhere. *in everywhere.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Tom Lynch will be lucky to get any sort of games milestone at Richmond, knees are ******
Rumour that Goodwin wants to retire Nathan Jones at the end of the year as he is too slow and can't kick efficiently

WCE played Crows in Kalgoorlie back in the early nineties. On the way back to Perth WCE players stopped off in Merriden and one of the WCE pulled a root in the public dunnies with local chick.

The kid would be late 20's now still living in Merriden.

No idea of their dad.

WCE played Crows in Kalgoorlie back in the early nineties. On the way back to Perth WCE players stopped off in Merriden and one of the WCE pulled a root in the public dunnies with local chick.

The kid would be late 20's now still living in Merriden.

No idea of their dad.

Are you said kid?

Maybe it's just me but why should that cause friction? He wasn't cheating (presumably), it was just two consenting adults having a bit of fun on a night out. Is there some unwritten law that players can't hook up with another player's sister?

I think Kerr and Cousins had the odd punch on over a sister.

Buddy Franklin in his last year at Hawks was at the Elwood Lounge one night (Ormond Rd, Elwood) , absolutely peaking, eyes wider than Alan Toovey streaming down the wing.. Must have a weak bladder as there were many trips to the cubicle in the bathroom.. He was absoloutely off his nut.

Stumbled out the front and proceeded to jump on the bonnet and roof of around 6-7 cars parked out the front and did extensive damage.

Club was contacted out of courtesy due to a mate who was also there being in media and the story was going to be printed, but their lawyers got it shut down and the story never saw the light of day.
what would you know. Next you'll be breaking to bigfooty that Sam Mitchell is going to be traded to WCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back