Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple facts are certainly something that didn’t go hand-in-hand with the saga.

Essendon Internet Defence Force.

Most clubs have been the target of rumours that paint them or their players in a negative light, yet it really seems only Richmond and Essendon supporters have the strength of tissue paper to be able to weather any negative comments.

Someone made a negative comment about your boy on a basically anonymous forum on the internet. Boo hoo.

This was a while back. I heard that D King and W Carey had a big night out on the town. The night finished at a kebab shop, King was not happy with the quality of the kebab, King agreed to fight the kebab owner for a refund. The kebab owner knocked King out and Carey fled the scene.

Also heard that at a end of season function Camporeale started pissing at the bar while ordering a drink. Least to say the guy next to him was less than impressed when he looked down and was standing in a puddle of urine.
Wouldnt be the first king hit in a kebab shop.

Essendon Internet Defence Force.

Most clubs have been the target of rumours that paint them or their players in a negative light, yet it really seems only Richmond and Essendon supporters have the strength of tissue paper to be able to weather any negative comments.

Someone made a negative comment about your boy on a basically anonymous forum on the internet. Boo hoo.
Theres no sooking here my friend. Just pointing out the obsession that consistently arises with a few posters around here. The positive reference to Jobe was just an opportunity for more saga related barbs. It’s tiresome tbh. I couldn’t give a s**t if Essendon players are linked to rumours etc. but last I saw Jobe hadn’t been linked to any new rumour. Just more re-hashing of the murky to neutralise a positive comment.

Theres no sooking here my friend. Just pointing out the obsession that consistently arises with a few posters around here. The positive reference to Jobe was just an opportunity for more saga related barbs. It’s tiresome tbh. I couldn’t give a s**t if Essendon players are linked to rumours etc. but last I saw Jobe hadn’t been linked to any new rumour. Just more re-hashing of the murky to neutralise a positive comment.
Jobe is soiled goods. End of story.
People are still ticked that he and his motley crew of cheats brought our wonderful game into disrepute and tainted its great history.
This is a football forum and this is how he will be remembered.
Nothing spiteful, just fact . A fact that will always be highlighted when people raise his name and try to say what a great bloke he is.
For years this game was put on hold while Jobe and his comrades denied , lied and stonewalled the truth.
If you want to discuss Jobe in a positive light best you keep your denial to the EFC board where you will find the blinkered sympathy your looking for.

Jobe is soiled goods. End of story.
People are still ticked that he and his motley crew of cheats brought our wonderful game into disrepute and tainted its great history.
This is a football forum and this is how he will be remembered.
Nothing spiteful, just fact . A fact that will always be highlighted when people raise his name and try to say what a great bloke he is.
For years this game was put on hold while Jobe and his comrades denied , lied and stonewalled the truth.
If you want to discuss Jobe in a positive light best you keep your denial to the EFC board where you will find the blinkered sympathy your looking for.
How was the game 'put on hold'? The game continued on as I recall. I think Jobe's an outstanding bloke and that's how I will recall him whenever his name is raised as will tens of thousands of others. I'll discuss Jobe in a positive light wherever, whenever I damn well please, I don't need you to tell me or anyone else where and what I can provide an opinion on. How pompous can someone be? As my opinion means nought to you, your opinion means absolutely zilch to me but isn't it great we can all have an opinion. And neither of us will ever know the full facts, and that's a fact.

How was the game 'put on hold'? The game continued on as I recall. I think Jobe's an outstanding bloke and that's how I will recall him whenever his name is raised as will tens of thousands of others. I'll discuss Jobe in a positive light wherever, whenever I damn well please, I don't need you to tell me or anyone else where and what I can provide an opinion on. How pompous can someone be? As my opinion means nought to you, your opinion means absolutely zilch to me but isn't it great we can all have an opinion. And neither of us will ever know the full facts, and that's a fact.
I tend to agree the game was effectively put on hold and thus everything that happened during this period doesn't really count.

Yeah, well I'm damn well pleased to reserve the right to still be disgusted by one team's cynical attempts at cheating the rest of the competition. Like many others, I suspect. It's not pompous at all, it's just that most of us don't like losing to cheats.

Jobe indeed does seem like a good bloke, and was probably caught up in something outside his comfort zone, but at the end of the day he was complicit in the cover-up when he was one of the few who could have done the right thing. So, he's a generally good bloke that did a s**t thing for which he will always be remembered.

The public will never know the full facts due to the destruction of evidence, plain and simple. At a time when they were keeping records so detailed that they could work out incremental training improvements to the fraction of a second, it beggars belief that they didn't keep records of what was injected.

Old ground, sure, but you donialists keep feeding the flame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a BF member for yonks and only discovered this thread the other day.
Quiet off season and all that jazz.
I will share a few I have heard over the next few days over the years that I know to be true or pretty darn close to the truth.

Anywayz.

A premiership player from the very mid 90's back in around 1990 or 1991 prior to his career kicking off at an interstate club then moving back to Melbourne to win said premiership went to the Oz Open tennis with some high school mates kitted out in what could best be described as tennis type apparel and a large sports bag.
He approached the security to the entrance to the players rooms who gave him a casual once over and with confidence he just kept on the move and breezed by them.
He returned past them not long after with said bag still in hand stuffed full of racquets from the likes of Edberg, Lendl among others, he made his escape from the arena and sold them all for a pretty penny, this was pre internet days as well, I cannot remember exactly how he did manage to sell them all but know is that he did.
He returned the following year to attempt the same thing this time he was halted and asked to present a players pass, he pretended to look in his bag for the non existent pass and said it must be at his hotel and that he was running late for his match and needed to get into the rooms to get ready, security insisted they wouldn't let him in until the pass is produced, he futilely searched his bag again then left saying he would return soon.
Obviously he didn't.
The gig was up.

Leigh Matthews got into a punch up with Nick Cave and The Boys Next Door at Paul Hester's 21st.

Not a footy story (but still better than the Watson/Cotchin garbage in this thread):

Shane Watson got knocked back from a bar in Hobart at Scott Mason’s wake. He proceeded to tell the three bouncers that his snake skin shoes were worth more than the three of them combined.

Your going to change your opinion of a Geelong footballer based on what anonymous Hawthorn supporters are saying about him on an internet message forum?

Nah, Abasi the former Super Moderator & now Winged God has given us all the lowdown.

Heard one about Jimmy a few years back where the fiancé of a chick Jimmy had on the side found his expansive Facebook messages to his future wife.
The guy, in turn, told Jimmy what he was going to do to him.

A couple of days later some large non-descript men arrived at his door and told him to let it be.

It would be pretty easy to form an opinion that Jimmy hangs with pieces of siht & is also a lowlife. His move to GWS linked to a promotion within the world of scum is it?

Been a BF member for yonks and only discovered this thread the other day.
Quiet off season and all that jazz.
I will share a few I have heard over the next few days over the years that I know to be true or pretty darn close to the truth.

Anywayz.

A premiership player from the very mid 90's back in around 1990 or 1991 prior to his career kicking off at an interstate club then moving back to Melbourne to win said premiership went to the Oz Open tennis with some high school mates kitted out in what could best be described as tennis type apparel and a large sports bag.
He approached the security to the entrance to the players rooms who gave him a casual once over and with confidence he just kept on the move and breezed by them.
He returned past them not long after with said bag still in hand stuffed full of racquets from the likes of Edberg, Lendl among others, he made his escape from the arena and sold them all for a pretty penny, this was pre internet days as well, I cannot remember exactly how he did manage to sell them all but know is that he did.
He returned the following year to attempt the same thing this time he was halted and asked to present a players pass, he pretended to look in his bag for the non existent pass and said it must be at his hotel and that he was running late for his match and needed to get into the rooms to get ready, security insisted they wouldn't let him in until the pass is produced, he futilely searched his bag again then left saying he would return soon.
Obviously he didn't.
The gig was up.
Ive looked at Carlton's 1995 side and North's 1996 team, only player who seems to fit your criteria is Brad Pearce.

Like you didn't rush to defend known dickhead Jordan De Goey when someone dared to start a rumour about him.

This was a while back. I heard that D King and W Carey had a big night out on the town. The night finished at a kebab shop, King was not happy with the quality of the kebab, King agreed to fight the kebab owner for a refund. The kebab owner knocked King out and Carey fled the scene.

Also heard that at a end of season function Camporeale started pissing at the bar while ordering a drink. Least to say the guy next to him was less than impressed when he looked down and was standing in a puddle of urine.

Think D.King was charged with assault for this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back