Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bird I know was having sex with a Fitzroy player in the early 1990s and he wrote his jumper number with sex juices on her back. Class.
Quoted for the use of the term “sex juices”

In Bendigo few years back dustin martin refused to pay 20 bucks taxi fare. "do you know who I am " Cabbie really pissed off rang Richmond and got his $20. True story 100%

I guy I used to work with, his ex worked at Richmond in admin department, they said they give the players taxi cards.

Last edited:

Bird I know was having sex with a Fitzroy player in the early 1990s and he wrote his jumper number with sex juices on her back. Class.

A woman who was friends with my mother back in the 80s swears she banged Vin Catoggio, Robert Neal, Gary Sidebottom and tried to give Neville Bruns a blumpkin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc Murphy stole his from the great white hope David Gourdis of the Tigers
Oh this reminds me of another!

The rumours about Mark Murphy's mrs and Wayne Carey were true from what I heard.

Source: Ex Carlton footballer (I was seeing his sister for awhile) delisted after a few season's. Said all the blues boys knew it happened. Solution for Mark (who didn't want to leave his trashy yet hot mrs) was to deny to media and for him and Carey to pretend it was all made up. Media got over it and Carey once again got away with another scandal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Oh this reminds me of another!

The rumours about Mark Murphy's mrs and Wayne Carey were true from what I heard.

Source: Ex Carlton footballer (I was seeing his sister for awhile) delisted after a few season's. Said all the blues boys knew it happened. Solution for Mark (who didn't want to leave his trashy yet hot mrs) was to deny to media and for him and Carey to pretend it was all made up. Media got over it and Carey once again got away with another scandal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Was it Carey or Mrs Murphy who got away with the scandal ?

I don't really buy into the idea that the 'outed' dicks are actually so.

You have 60 huge egos at a footy club, between every player and the senior and couple of assistant coaches. Everyone has been told they're amazing from day dot and have generally never struggled for attention or the ball.

Aker has a massive ego but is he a bad person? There are guys in the media, on a lot more money than him who have smacked the s**t out of women repeatedly, punch on at nightclubs, or even simply love drugs. Aker hasn't ever been in the media for any of those reasons. In a way he talks himself up (played for a low pay at the Bulldogs, was told to stop doing handstands despite it keeping people at games and keeping the beverage income coming) but they all make sense. And as he's said, he and Leigh Matthews didn't like each other but they were mature enough to know their distance and to win flags together.

It's like Fyfe. People on here say how he's arrogant. Is he? He's the recognisable best player and captain of a club in a two-team, footy town. What are you supposed to do when another person comes up and says hi? He probably takes 25 photos a week for kids. And someone in this forum saying how he shoved off his pissed mate... seriously who wouldn't want to get rid of some dickhead hanging off you, who you don't know, when you're out with your mates and quite simply don't have to take it? From what I've heard Fyfey is a little aloof around the club but it's because he has interests outside of the game. He's smart enough to know what and how to treat people, and that's with a biiiit of distance. I've still seen him at 11pm with relative shitkickers down the Local Hotel in South Fremantle and even then people were trying to snap photos of him. FFS. The only players who call him a w***er are those footy-head, untalented knobs who probably go 'come out with us Foifey!!!' but only want him out so they can use him to pull.

Yet there's these squeaky clean twats in the media who are complete w***ers, dullards, or s**t humans and we don't hear the half of it. I mean Nick Dal Santo... high pitched little outside punce who was never even that good but played a heap because he never got hurt, and we're told he's a nice guy? I'd rather hang out with Aker for a few hours than him.

I'll summarise.

"It's unfair to judge a player on their public perception. The ones who have bad reputations based on being aloof or arrogant are probably good guys behind closed doors. And Nick Dal Santo is a 's**t human' because he has a squeaky voice and he didn't get injured."

Why didn't Leigh Matthews like Akermanis? Their relationship breaking down wouldn't have anything to do with him publicly revealing that Nigel Lappin was going into the 2003 Grand Final with broken ribs, would it? Anyway, for anyone who knows the people involved, it's clear that Akermanis and ex-teammate Steven Lawrence (no angel himself) are none too fond of each other. The reason that I heard was that Akermanis was mistreating his partner and Lawrence intervened.

Another Lawrence story is that when Libba was up on report for 'clawing' him, Lawrence (in about his tenth game) provided very favourable evidence, leaving Libba clear for the lead up to the Bulldogs 1997 Finals campaign. Soon after, Lawrence was driving to training in a very flash new car that was arguably a bit nicer than what he should have been able to afford at the time.

Was it Carey or Mrs Murphy who got away with the scandal ?

Well not sure she got away with it when she got caught out but publicly yes she got away with it. Carey is just lucky that Murphy doesn't really have a spine.

Was this when Sloane was 12 years old or something? What an annoying prick.

I heard that in a pre draft interview, when asked if he had a weakness, Sloane replied "Kryptonite".

Another Adelaide story when Chris Knights was playing out of his skin early in his career, the players were at a party and not sure whether they'd been for a swim or something, but at some stage Knights couldn't find his shoes. Macleod (from memory) had put them in the freezer, as a sign that he needed to "cool his heels".

And one last one, positive for a change. After one of the Crows flags, at the after match celebration with supporters, a 20-21 year old Ben Hart took it upon himself to grab the mic and tell everyone in the crowd who was drinking to put away their car keys, because the team would be shattered to hear the next day if anyone from the function hadn't got home safely.

and we have a biter
I'm about as hurt as Mitchell was, I've attached a link below if your in need of clarifying the incident;).
https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2018/10/579639_2cea15a8308a31cbfb9187e94ccd21c3.gif
Lol it becomes better with age.
So you deliberately misspelled two out of four words to get a bite re. Cotchin... ok..........

Oh, and he's a Premiership captain and Brownlow medalist, which is more than we can say about any player in your club's entire history.

Heard when Robert Campbell came across to the Dees in about 2009/10, he couldn’t believe the lack of work ethic particularly with some players doing as little as they like in the gym. Of course he’d come from the Hawks who would have had much higher standards of training.
Things are different at the Dees these days though.

Edit - Yes not a juicy rumour.

Heard when Robert Campbell came across to the Dees in about 2009/10, he couldn’t believe the lack of work ethic particularly with some players doing as little as they like in the gym. Of course he’d come from the Hawks who would have had much higher standards of training.

Heard the opposite was Shannon Byrnes' impression, that at the time, the Dees were the classic February champions.

Also on Campbell, not juicy or anything, but when he and Sam Mitchell were just making their way as young AFL players, they went on some huge bike ride to give them an edge in preseason, something like the outskirts of Melbourne to where Campbell's from near the NSW border. So even for a premiership team, it seems that Campbell's work ethic stood out.

Last edited:

There’s heaps of stories about Melbourne from that period. Like the one where the players cancelled a training session because they didn’t feel like it.

Heard the opposite was Shannon Byrnes' impression, that at the time, the Dees were the classic February champions.

Also on Campbell, not juicy or anything, but when he and Sam Mitchell were just making their way as young AFL players, they went on some huge bike ride to give them an edge in preseason, something like the outskirts of Melbourne to where Campbell's from near the NSW border. So even for a premiership team, it seems that Campbell's work ethic stood out.
Byrnes started in 2013 I think. Neeld was coach at that time. From all reports that is when we started flogging players on the track. I recall numerous players on social media posting things about how hard training was at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back