Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
In regards to Scott Watters I can only go by what happened in the WAFL with him and that pretty much is he was a old school coach who berated individuals for mistakes. He is your 1960s kind of guy who if you went in and told him you were depressed, he would tell you to grow a pair and harden the * up.

Got to remember Subiaco side in the WAFL was absolutely great at that time (won nearly 90% of games I think). I can only imagine how he was when he coached a losing side in that regard.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

The bulldogs had a young guy on their list in the 2000s who was caught openly dealing (or trying to) by another player, who 'bailed him up' and came close to ripping his head off.

That young player absolutely dominated VFL but never debuted and was cut as soon as his contract expired. Later arrested on drug charges in SA.
The other player continued his career and retired a champion.

Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure if this has been mentioned.

The bulldogs had a young guy on their list in the 2000s who was caught openly dealing (or trying to) by another player, who 'bailed him up' and came close to ripping his head off.

That young player absolutely dominated VFL but never debuted and was cut as soon as his contract expired. Later arrested on drug charges in SA.
The other player continued his career and retired a champion.

Guy O’Keefe

Gaben

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore did say that going to Germany brought he and Elliott closer together but think they have always been mates who have travelled together.

There have also been rumours about number 30 and number 8 who lived together all last year and pair off together at training a lot. Also after prelim last year when the players came out to be hugged by their girlfriends, number 8 sought out number 30 for a big hug and long chat. Still they could be just great mates. They travelled to Croatia and Italy together a few years back too. Do not care if players in the team are an item.

You seem to show a fair bit of interest for a bloke who doesn't care

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
What's with alluding to a player by describing many easy to identify facts about that player but being too scared to say their name? If you're scared about being sued for defamation of character, god knows why, the fact you're readily giving out a guess who type description of the player would literally be enough evidence for a judge if it was to come before them. FMD. Does my head in.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
What's with alluding to a player by describing many easy to identify facts about that player but being too scared to say their name? If you're scared about being sued for defamation of character, god knows why, the fact you're readily giving out a guess who type description of the player would literally be enough evidence for a judge if it was to come before them. FMD. Does my head in.

Gotta seem mysterious and in the know

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
My neighbour's hairdresser knows a bit about the Port players. There's one who's between 5 foot 9 & 6 foot 4 and another who wears nike. Both love the coke

This is completely made up. Just highlighting how f*cking dumb it is leaving open ended bullshit and expecting people to guess

You attention seeking campaigners...

Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
My neighbour's hairdresser knows a bit about the Port players. There's one who's between 5 foot 9 & 6 foot 4 and another who wears nike. Both love the coke

This is completely made up. Just highlighting how f*cking dumb it is leaving open ended ******** and expecting people to guess

You attention seeking campaigners...

Jack Watts?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's another boring one from me. :p I once saw Jason Dunstall really pissed at Jooce Nightclub in Ringwood.
In the back room DJ/band area, at about 3am, he was singing along to Holy Grail into the dj mic at a thousand db, standing right in the corner. The funny bit was that he was facing the wall with his face jammed in the corner.
Eh, ya hadta be there. :D

Last edited:

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here's another boring one from me. :p I once saw Jason Dunstall really pissed at Jooce Nightclub in Ringwood.
In the back room DJ/band area, at about 3am, he was singing along to Holy Grail into the dj mic at a thousand db, standing right in the corner, facing the wall.

Good choice of song, appalling choice of venue. Overall credibility change...net zero for mine.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea

In future can you say 'Does the upper part of my body separated from the rest of the body by a neck, and containing the brain, mouth, and sense organs in non-outward direction'.

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In the back room DJ/band area, at about 3am, he was singing along to Holy Grail into the dj mic at a thousand db, standing right in the corner, facing the wall.

Was this in about 1997? He went off the rails after he did his knee.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
So what's the go with Josh Schache?

A mate of mine's folks live up in Queensland so he followed them there a while ago. Can't remember the whole story but very good family friends with a runner from a relevant club. Earlier this year we grabbed a beer and he was saying Schache was the first time the Lions really said 'hah, mate, see ya!' with a big grin when he wanted to return home. Very very odd dude was what I was told, just did weird s**t. Somewhere between a bully and a guy you just couldn't have a basic chat with.

Other mate's friend played in the flag with Tom Boyd and has some very good yarns but one I just heard was Scache and Boyd ******* hated each other.

Anything?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's another really sh**t one from me. :p Sam Newman was at Jooce Nightclub one night, really pissed. Chicks were following him around like he was Jesus.

Someone convinced him to sing with the band. I don't think he wanted to, but he eventually gave in. . He got on stage and thought he could mumble out something at his previously butchered piano bar-type volume that he'd done on tv. The band started at their typical 120db.

No one could hear him "sing", including him. He looked around at the band as if to say, "what the fu*k? This is ridiculous!" About 30 seconds later he was ushered out the back door by his minders and a couple of bouncers, and left.

Jooce used to do some sort of promotions every Saturday night with the AFL, so there must be heaps of stories about players at that joint and The Tunnel. Even Eddie rocked up one night. It was weird seeing him not in a suit,. Ha

I think Michael Roberts did a hosting gig with it. Surprisingly, I never saw him pissed.

Last edited:

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Perhaps Lecras heard the story about what happened on the school camp & couldn't stand him as a result
Just a guess on Lecras's motives if indeed he did bully the scumbag

lol...darling has been nothing but a solid citizen since day 1

sad and salty freo fans

scumbag is more apt to what ross lyin does to his staff...he is still your coach yeah ?

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

DlJ9UbNUcAA_uib.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back