Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
If BigFooty had a dislike button, this post would be top of the pile.
Would it? People don't like being told they have the mental fortitude of a child I guess?

I'm not even questioning the difficulty of raising a child - I don't want kids largely for this reason but to want and get time off work, which negatively effects your team mates because it's a little hard? Sorry, but that's pathetic. Not to mention paying members, many of whom have kids without the financial status JS has & who certainly wouldn't get to take months off work for 'mental health' because having a baby is hard.

Boy oh boy. Wowee!

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would it? People don't like being told they have the mental fortitude of a child I guess?

I'm not even questioning the difficulty of raising a child - I don't want kids largely for this reason but to want and get time off work, which negatively effects your team mates because it's a little hard? Sorry, but that's pathetic. Not to mention paying members, many of whom have kids without the financial status JS has & who certainly wouldn't get to take months off work for 'mental health' because having a baby is hard.

Boy oh boy. Wowee!

Society is all the stronger for you not breeding.

BadSeed

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Boy oh boy. Wowee!
Have a google about Postnatal Depression... who even knows could be something affecting his wife which in turn means he is required to care for her. Not wanting to announce it to the world as "carer's leave" so everyone finds out his wife isn't well he is taking the mental health option.

I am not saying this is the cause at all, but it is more likely then a lot of the complete utter trash being put forward in this thread.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
For the people 'disliking' my post. Would your employer allow you to have time off, fully paid because you chose to have a baby and it was harder than you thought it'd be? Genuine question. Mine sure wouldn't

No, and they would probably be happy if I dealt with it in the tried and tried methods of spousal abuse, substance abuse and/or self harm.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thankfully, some bosses are a little more modern-thinking than yours.
Couple chooses to have a child
Life obviously gets slightly harder (obviously)
Couple spits it and doesn't come to work, yet expects full pay

You can tell who actually works in this thread. Some of you are living in lala land tbh. That isn't how the world operates and we're in for a very slippery slope if you think that's how it should.

For full disclosure, this is assuming there aren't serious health problems with Mum and bub which tbh, details would have been released had there been. Any boss would allow you time to deal with appointments, doctors etc in that instance. The guy who posted this rumour makes JS sound genuinely just soft and I'm basing assumptions off their rumour...

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Couple chooses to have a child
Life obviously gets slightly harder (obviously)
Couple spits it and doesn't come to work, yet expects full pay

You can tell who actually works in this thread. Some of you are living in lala land tbh. That isn't how the world operates and we're in for a very slippery slope if you think that's how it should.

For full disclosure, this is assuming there aren't serious health problems with Mum and bub which tbh, details would have been released had there been. Any boss would allow you time to deal with appointments, doctors etc in that instance. The guy who posted this rumour makes JS sound genuinely just soft and I'm basing assumptions off their rumour...

Sounds like you're back-pedalling now you come across like something out of the 50's.

"Wah, having baby is harder than I thought" and proper post-natal depression are 2 very different things.
The former, yeah suck it up and get used to not sleeping much: that's what you bought into.
The latter requires proper help and a lot of places who actually give a c r a p about their employees will allow you to take sick leave to stay home at times to help the missus cope.

For the people 'disliking' my post. Would your employer allow you to have time off, fully paid because you chose to have a baby and it was harder than you thought it'd be? Genuine question. Mine sure wouldn't

yes they would, they allowed my wife to have a year off on pay to take care of myself and our 8 week old when I had a work accident and spent 6 months in hospital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Have a google about Postnatal Depression... who even knows could be something affecting his wife which in turn means he is required to care for her. Not wanting to announce it to the world as "carer's leave" so everyone finds out his wife isn't well he is taking the mental health option.

I am not saying this is the cause at all, but it is more likely then a lot of the complete utter trash being put forward in this thread.
Spot on. Can cripple peoples relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back