Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masqualero

Club Legend
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The rumour is he flew off and just went mental at a young ruckman, Scott Jones. Got so bad that his folks tried asking the AFLPA for help and wanted to file an official complaint about workplace bullying.

It's pretty clear that Ross Lyon's MO is that he keeps the top 6-8 players on his side. He's affable and supportive of the Nat Fyfes and Sonny Walters. That works in his favour because those guys do the media and have cache with supporters and CEOs. If they like him, then everyone by default says 'well if Nat Fyfe likes him, who are we to judge!' Those who aren't regulars or in his little clique are no chance of getting a look in and they're discarded and unwanted.
Funny you say this, my mates dad is friends with Viv Mitchy? Not sure how to spell his name.
Basically said the same thing and mentioned the younger players also don't like Fyfe for some reason.

Funny you say this, my mates dad is friends with Viv Mitchy? Not sure how to spell his name.
Basically said the same thing and mentioned the younger players also don't like Fyfe for some reason.
Probably didn't keep Viv on his side as he was a spud and knew he wouldn't be around for long

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bumped into Viv once and heard from himself that Fyfe was really good with the younger blokes – spent heaps of time with them, treated them like equals – and all of that just went pretty suddenly.

At the same time, footy clubs are full of egos so it wouldn't shock me if it was just jealousy creeping in.

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Heard a pretty wild rumour re - Jack Steven the other day.

It goes that the reason Steven took his leave of absence was because one night at a party he got completely ****ed on drugs and had sex with Jack Sinclair. He was so embarrassed he couldn't show his face around the club

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
ED LANGDON TO COLLINGWOOD CONFIRMED.

On another note, there's a rumour on a Collingwood board elsewhere that Tom Langdon's knee surgery didn't go well, his knee is in bad shape and he'll have to retire prematurely.

Just because Ed's coming back to Melbourne and living with Tom does not mean that he will be playing for Collingwood. North and Dees are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back