Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldStandard

Senior List
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
New account making up a heap of s**t rumours. Shocked.
The Melbourne Footy club isn't exactly known for its strict training standards, ie. the player revolt that led to the cancelled training camp one particular preseason. The club's power dynamics are out of whack, star players are given a leg up, which means essentially it's being run by Fortnite kids.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
The Melbourne Footy club isn't exactly known for its strict training standards, ie. the player revolt that led to the cancelled training camp one particular preseason. The club's power dynamics are out of whack, star players are given a leg up, which means essentially it's being run by Fortnite kids.

That’s a quality jab that....

F7BD5D1B-4DC8-4AE6-A533-9C5B7C039529.jpeg

LewyBroome

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Not AFL related, but good form either way. When I was a youngster, I was selected to be the Wallabies ball-boy for their tri-nations clash with the Sprinkboks. Long story short, I was able to hang around the changerooms after their 14-14 draw. George Gregan sensed how flat everyone was and proclaimed to everyone “******* hell boys, life’s not so bad”. He then pulled off his togs and did a dick trick, his dick went down to his knee, biggest dick I’ve ever seen. He also did a kangaroo, tucked his meat and veg and between in his legs and hopped over to the spa and pissed backwards onto Joe Roff and Michael Foley in the spa. Safe to say it’s been etched into my brain and I can’t escape. Don’t think any of this would occur in today’s environment.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Not AFL related, but good form either way. When I was a youngster, I was selected to be the Wallabies ball-boy for their tri-nations clash with the Sprinkboks. Long story short, I was able to hang around the changerooms after their 14-14 draw. George Gregan sensed how flat everyone was and proclaimed to everyone “******* hell boys, life’s not so bad”. He then pulled off his togs and did a dick trick, his dick went down to his knee, biggest dick I’ve ever seen. He also did a kangaroo, tucked his meat and veg and between in his legs and hopped over to the spa and pissed backwards onto Joe Roff and Michael Foley in the spa. Safe to say it’s been etched into my brain and I can’t escape. Don’t think any of this would occur in today’s environment.

Funnily enough I just did a google search on Gregan and it came up with 'George Gregan tackle' ....so there you go.

GoldStandard

Senior List
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep , go onwards
His top-50 lists became increasingly political as its relevance grew in AFL media circles. Player managers would pay directly into his pocket so that their clients featured on the lists and other players who played similar positions were left off said list. There was the famous Darren Gaspar incident, we all had a bit of a chuckle over that one.

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
McGoverns contact details and text messages were found on a convicted drug traffickers phone. View attachment 744549

Such a typical post from a typical Freo supporter.

Thoughts - words - actions. Sooooooooooo Freo! Kind of sad in a way.

Seriously, would be good for you guys to change the tune - just once!

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Such a typical post from a typical Freo supporter.

Thoughts - words - actions. Sooooooooooo Freo! Kind of sad in a way.

Seriously, would be good for you guys to change the tune - just once!
sorry Sounda but Eagles players and drugs is not a recurring narrative Freo fans keep bringing it up, it's a recurring narrative where Eagles players keep getting caught with Drugs

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
sorry Sounda but Eagles players and drugs is not a recurring narrative Freo fans keep bringing it up, it's a recurring narrative where Eagles players keep getting caught with Drugs

Ok well not wanting to turn this into a WCE v Freo gabfest - let's examine some facts.

1. Drugs have been a theme at Fremantle as well. Johnson and cocaine - ring any bells? Unfortunately, the same can probably be said for many clubs.

2. And yes WCE had a terrible culture in the early and mid 00's. However, the club has since changed that culture considerably. In fact, many other clubs have used the WCE model to refashion their own culture.

3. Rioli (if that's who you're referring to) has tested positive to a metabolite of cannabis.

4. No findings against Rioli have been made whatsoever.

5. No findings have been made against the club - that is particularly important in the light of your post.

If - there is an adverse finding - I expect that Rioli may well have played his last game for the WCE. I am only speculating. In my opinion, there seems little chance that the club will want to go down that road again. A club does not expect it's players to clean up change rooms after a GF win to then walk past 'drugs'. Much has changed since you latched onto your anti WCE stance. You ought to follow things a little more closely if you want to provide commentary.

Having said that - cannabis is not an earth shattering event. To cite one possible instance of cannabis use (if that is what has occurred) and inflate that to be a club problem is utterly ridiculous. I accept the BS banter between the WCE and FFC members and supporters - hell I even enjoy it.

However, to try and rekindle some of those old themes with the 'WCE and drugs problem' garbage is thoroughly pointless. Fact is, it does not represent the reality of the club in 2019.

Last edited:

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Judd cracked a harmless gag about the Eagles on Triple M a while ago. During a 'funny bit', he said "I haven't heard anyone talk so fast since the last West Coast Eagles Premiership party in 2006"
Last time he was at a premiership party ,i could see how it would stick in his mind

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

Another George Gregan story.

A mate of mine who works in the sport retail industry attended a massive conference up in Queensland where George was a guest speaker. Later on in the evening he realised he was very close to George at the bar and having been a big fan during his youth, was stoked at the idea of meeting him. George was talking to an acquaintance of my mate who then attempted to facilitate the introduction. My mate happened to be wearing a red tie and as George turned around and noticed this said 'nah, no fu*&ing way am I talking to some Trump supporter *campaigner*' and promptly left the vicinity.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
His top-50 lists became increasingly political as its relevance grew in AFL media circles. Player managers would pay directly into his pocket so that their clients featured on the lists and other players who played similar positions were left off said list. There was the famous Darren Gaspar incident, we all had a bit of a chuckle over that one.

Lachie Henderson was 10th once. So yeah, i'd say that's confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back