Status
Not open for further replies.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
What tour was that exactly?
I don't know, I'm not a Jordan Peterson guru, I just remember the discussion. This is the photo that someone screenshot & posted on twitter. Tom replied defending Peterson saying he's not sexist etc. and got quite heated before deleting all his comments.

Attachments

• mcdonald.jpg
    mcdonald.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 775

GoldStandard

Senior List
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't know, I'm not a Jordan Peterson guru, I just remember the discussion. This is the photo that someone screenshot & posted on twitter. Tom replied defending Peterson saying he's not sexist etc. and got quite heated before deleting all his comments.
I wasn't aware that self-help lectures were the new hotspots for AFL players these days.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sean Darcy is one of the boys who likes a bit of a party at Fremantle. My mate met him at one of those festivals over the weekend. Probably in that socialite group with Cox and Ryan.
Brad Hills jaw was swinging something shocking at a festival a couple weeks back. You'll find a massive number of footy players love getting on the gear in off-season

Brad Hills jaw was swinging something shocking at a festival a couple weeks back. You'll find a massive number of footy players love getting on the gear in off-season

Bloody St Kilda players

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Funny how the Jack Steven rumours have stopped and the Brad Hill rumours have started right after the trade period, what a coincidence.
The Hill one isn't like the Jack Steven second hand rumour heard off your nan's hairdresser's sister's mate who totally has a legit source within a footy club. The source of this one is Hill himself walking around in public with his jaw swinging. You could name 20+ WA players who do the exact same thing when festival season comes around

Funny how the Jack Steven rumours have stopped and the Brad Hill rumours have started right after the trade period, what a coincidence.
what is the Brad Hill rumor?

What were the Jack Steven rumours?

I saw some texts (probably fake) going around the collingwood football club about another gambling incident after the Jaidyn Stephenson incident. The text said that more players had been found guilty of gambling on their own games. The message also said that collingwood were going to miss the rest of the season including finals and the team in 9th position on the ladder were going to play finals. When asked about the messages, the collingwood football club and eddie mcguire didnt have much to say and it went pretty quiet

boulders

Senior List
Mar 12, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw some texts (probably fake) going around the collingwood football club about another gambling incident after the Jaidyn Stephenson incident. The text said that more players had been found guilty of gambling on their own games. The message also said that collingwood were going to miss the rest of the season including finals and the team in 9th position on the ladder were going to play finals. When asked about the messages, the collingwood football club and eddie mcguire didnt have much to say and it went pretty quiet

Huge if true. I wonder if they'll play finals.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Honestly though it's not a surprise that quite a few young players around here let loose a bit in the off season . There's concerts and festivals galore over here so it makes it easier for them. I can name easily a few of our players like Ryan, Cox, McCarthy, Darcy and Hogan who all enjoy a bit of a party. It seems a few West Coast players like Barrass, Rioli, Ryan and Cameron (I don't follow enough on social media to know who else) enjoy it too. As long as it doesn't severely effect them then let em go ahead and relax.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson

There was an investigation on the teammates that Jaidyn had placed bets on with his multi/s. Players obviously had no idea he was doing it so it resulted to nothing

Honestly though it's not a surprise that quite a few young players around here let loose a bit in the off season . There's concerts and festivals galore over here so it makes it easier for them. I can name easily a few of our players like Ryan, Cox, McCarthy, Darcy and Hogan who all enjoy a bit of a party. It seems a few West Coast players like Barrass, Rioli, Ryan and Cameron (I don't follow enough on social media to know who else) enjoy it too. As long as it doesn't severely effect them then let em go ahead and relax.
It's a total non event afaic and shouldn't even make it to this board unless 'something' happens as a result of said relaxation.

A friend saw player x at a concert and he looked cooked. Big ******* whoop.

ThePhantom777

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2014
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
True or not, the AFL is in a precarious position with the gambling companies.
Throwing the occasional player under the bus for doing it is one thing, if it came out that a group of players was doing this, it would hurt both brands. I wouldn't put it past the AFL to cover it up.

True or not, the AFL is in a precarious position with the gambling companies.
Throwing the occasional player under the bus for doing it is one thing, if it came out that a group of players was doing this, it would hurt both brands. I wouldn't put it past the AFL to cover it up.

thats why i was skeptical about it because it got on instagram and was taken down very quickly. anything is possible

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Whoever he is he has two first names so he can't be trusted.
I have two first names.

You’re right though. I’m pretty untrustworthy. Comment checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back