Toast Best footy photos ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Darcy Moore's hand is resting on his own thigh, although I'm sure he much rather have it resting on McRae's thigh from what I hear
I know people take an interest in the sexual lives of others, but really, who cares if Darcy Moore is gay? (I wouldn't know whether he is or isn't, and I don't care)
The innuendo actually isn't half as interesting as people think, unless you're a Woman's Day reader...

Last edited:

Does anyone else have this book? It was published in 1979 has some fantastic photos in it.

Attachments

• EFCC09DD-E14A-4BE3-B5C9-CEB9B9AA7C9B.jpeg
    EFCC09DD-E14A-4BE3-B5C9-CEB9B9AA7C9B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
homer simpson episode 6 GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out this stuff is making me feel old

saw footage recently of a rookie player telling LeBron James that his dad played against him in LeBron's NBA debut - that kinda stuff would have to play with ya once you get that old and still playing
It happens...

Peter Riccardi played with Gary Senior and Junior
Junior played against many players who also played against his father

Interesting timing, given what was going on in the world at the time.
Yes. The world was still emerging from the Great Depression and World War 2 had just begun.
Ron Todd was offered enormous money to shift to the VFA, who could blame him with the world so unstable?
But it was a circus… Collingwood was naturally furious, they met with him and he decided to stay.
Williamstown then up their offer… so he changes his mind again. This all happens two weeks out from Round One.
No one was really sure what was going to happen….
But Round One, Ron Todd turns up to play for Williamstown.
1685711858244.jpeg
He really has walked out to a lesser comp.
1685711969154.jpeg
and here he is… it’s really happening.
120 goals in 1938
120 goals in 1939
… now he’s gone to the VFA!
1685712020227.jpeg
He kicks 99 goals in 1940. Willliamstown finish clear on top, but go out in straight sets.
The VFA is cancelled 1942-1944 as the War escalates. Todd plays no footy for those 3 years.
In 1945, he tries to return to Collingwood, and is called to a meeting but the committee are split and they debate for ages with Todd sitting outside in the corridor. Todd is furious and leaves, not even waiting for their decision.
Back to Williamstown he goes. He kicks 188 in 1945 and gets a Flag.
So in 1940 Collingwood watch Ron Todd walk out.. but at least they win the Brownlow with Des Fothergill.
But Williamstown strike again and offer him enormous money too. So he walks out as well in 1941.
You could seriously make a film out of all this.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back