Best game of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching from the stands I can remember the outrage at each and every one of Bernie's triumphs over Danger but I just sat there going, "sh*t, he's done that well". Honestly there was nothing overly dirty about it. He just beat him around the packs and instead of letting him through he made him earn the ball. When he tackled him he tackled him hard. He put him into the ground a bit harder and was a bit slower to get up, that's all he really did. But he did it consistently.

This is something that more players should do Imo. Instead of just carrying out a satisfactory tackle, make it hard, make it powerful and put doubt into the oppositions mind. Aslong as its all above board and not particularly dangerous, go for it.
That was the game bernie played against danger but also played for us.. haha

EF vs the Dogs. We haven't won a final in Melbourne for a long time and had many difficult losses in finals (esp 05 to 09) and looked set for another agonizing loss but we got the lead back and then enter Taylor Walker who bounced his way up the right wing and bombed it into Cameron who was 20m out in front, was praying and hoping and he put it through for a 7 point lead and Adelaide held on for their first finals win in Melbourne in over a decade. It really completed such a challenging season full of many trials we faced in 2015. The win vs West Coast at Adelaide Oval under clear skies in R22, esp the first quarter was amazing. Hopefully in 2016 we can stick up to the challenge, it is certainly no easy draw early in the season.

Closing minutes of the EF are probably the best I've felt as a crows supporter since... don't remember. Something cathartic about the post game celebration after the year we had. It was a real stand up and be proud sort of moment. Haven't had a lot of those in the past few years.

Watching us v West coast though was pretty special too. One of the most complete performance we'd put out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back