Best game player X has played

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandilands had a monster game several times, but I vaguely remember 25 possessions, 20 contested, 10 clearances. Anyone remember the one I’m talking about?
Was it the night game at Subi against Geelong in around 2008 or 2009. The one where Pav hit the post in the dying seconds and we lost by less than a goal. Remember he was an absolute monster that game. Geelong were at their best and we were lowly on the ladder at the time, but took it right up to them.

Sandilands had a monster game several times, but I vaguely remember 25 possessions, 20 contested, 10 clearances. Anyone remember the one I’m talking about?

2008 against port he had 20 odd possessions and kicked a few. Maybe thats the one! Remember at the end of that game Barich said he'll win a brownlow one day. Another thing barra got wrong in his journalism career.

I found it, 2008 versus Geelong in round 6. 24 possessions, 20 contested, 42 hitouts, 1 goal, 4 contested marks and 10 clearances. We lost by a point. Think 2008, Freo with a bunch of kids, peak power Geelong.

Arguably his best game.

I found it, 2008 versus Geelong in round 6. 24 possessions, 20 contested, 42 hitouts, 1 goal, 4 contested marks and 10 clearances. We lost by a point. Think 2008, Freo with a bunch of kids, peak power Geelong.

Arguably his best game.
That's the one, Pav had the shot from about 50m on the boundary with less than a minute to go and it looked home all the way, then slightly deviated at the last minute to hit the post.

Zac Dawson vs Collingwood 2013. No Sandilands and Griffin goes down with a knee injury. He proceeds to ruck the rest of the game against a young athletic Grundy and does well. We end up winning after coming from a 20 odd point deficit. Was the point in the year where i thought if we got a break from injuries we might be a serious contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couldn't do much wrong that afternoon.
Definitely couldn't make a mistake that day:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Gave Brown what looked like a copaholiday clip:

"Pavlich even got a fine from the AFL match review panel for what he described as a “graze” to Eagles defender Mitch Brown’s forehead.

“Mitch was being quite aggressive with his body movement and hanging on and I might have had a swinging arm just to say don’t do that any more,” he quipped.":thumbsu:

Also Pav's game way back in a 'Heritage Round' in the red chevrons, 2003 v North in Melb - played as a midfielder and just killed it. Was the game we won by a point and pretty much knew that meant we were heading to the finals for the first time.
I remember this game. It was on my 14th birtbday. Des headland kicked the winning point. Pav went nuts in the last qtr

Paul Medhurst had a blinder against brisbane, kicking 9 goals. Nearly had 10. Great game
I spoke to a Dockers mate that day and said I was thinking of going down the TAB and banging a tenner on Purple J to be top scorer for the AFL round.
He was more of a punter than me and said 'I'd go Medhurst meself.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back