Best Game You've Seen Live as a Neutral Observer?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at this too

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

How good was the atmosphere? It was the perfect example of why I love aussie rules in that it was 2 fairly average sides at the time but * Etihad was rocking with tigers supporters. I wish the AFL would look into smaller stadiums for that reason because a full stadium is amazing.

Essendon vs Hawthorn 2009 round 22 - When Lloyd cleaned up Sewell I’m effectively an elimination final

Essendon vs Hawthorn 2010 Buddy GOTY game - Watching Buddy’s goals live was amazing but spare a thought for my Essendon mate who had his head in his hands as soon as Buddy got goal side of Hooker

Dogs vs Crows 2016 - High scoring back and forth game, Crows unlucky with some terrible umpiring

Geelong vs North 2014 semi - Big comeback from Geelong not enough in another high scoring game

How good was the atmosphere? It was the perfect example of why I love aussie rules in that it was 2 fairly average sides at the time but **** Etihad was rocking with tigers supporters. I wish the AFL would look into smaller stadiums for that reason because a full stadium is amazing.
Was awesome. I think Eagles were playing at the same time so I had one eye on the big screen for updated scores from around the grounds That rich v bris game has been on fox footy over the years in their classic quarters show... the last qtr

ANZAC Day 2009 - Zaharakis goal, enough said.
1997 Prelim, Dogs vs Crows*

I was at these too... think ive been to 10 ANZAC Day games. Its a great day and in my younger years really opened my eyes about the whole ANZAC tradition. Cant remember being taught anything about it in school but can remember being explained all about it by being involved in that day.

97 prelim was crazy and by the way i was right behind libbas kick and it went straight through the middle.. no s**t

Hawks vs Swans 2012 Granny

eagles vs swans 06 granny up there as well

hawks vs port 14 prelim

With you on hawks port in 14. Unbelievable.

Most enjoyable was watching the tigers beat GWS in the prelim. Enjoyed it nearly as much as the dogs the year before in Sydney.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Essendon v WB draw at ethiad (was telstra dome then I think).

My dad and I went over to Melb for a few games and that was one of them.
We had a few bucks on the draw and were the only people celebrating after Matty Lloyd missed the shot at goal for the win from an almost impossible angle on the wrong side for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to go heaps of 'neutral' games.

Two that probably stand out are the 1991 Final at Waverley between Melbourne and Essendon. Allen Jakovich went beserk and kicked 8 on Alan Heard in the second half, after barely touching the pill in the first half. I vaguely recall Wallis knocking out Steven Stretch too (think it was the same day).

The other one was the drawn final between Collingwood and West Coast at Waverley. I was right behind Daicos when he slotted that reverse banana from the pocket.

Anzac Day 2009. Was at the all nations in Richmond and the place went crazy. Seeing the dons fans rock in afterwards on a high was pretty special. Was with one of my qld mates who before was anti afl, this game got him over to the light side of the force

* some of you campaigners in this thread have mentioned and been to some absolute corkers. Very lucky to witness some scintillating 1990's football and finals games. Mentioning Daicos vs WCE for example, and Allen Jackovich, very, very fortunate indeed.

Anzac Day 2009. Was at the all nations in Richmond and the place went crazy. Seeing the dons fans rock in afterwards on a high was pretty special. Was with one of my qld mates who before was anti afl, this game got him over to the light side of the force
Zaharaaaaaaaaaaaaaakisssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** some of you campaigners in this thread have mentioned and been to some absolute corkers. Very lucky to witness some scintillating 1990's football and finals games. Mentioning Daicos vs WCE for example, and Allen Jackovich, very, very fortunate indeed.
I like to think I saw the best decade (90s)

Saw some absolute guns play. Guys kicking 100 in a season for fun.

I reckon Ablett, Dunstall or Plugger had 100 after like 15 games one year.

guys like Sticks Kernahan, Daicos, sav Rocca, modra, sumich, Lyon, A.Jakovich, Carey, Winmar, Leowe, Paul Kelly... geez great decade

I like to think I saw the best decade (90s)

Saw some absolute guns play. Guys kicking 100 in a season for fun.

I reckon Ablett, Dunstall or Plugger had 100 after like 15 games one year.

guys like Sticks Kernahan, Daicos, sav Rocca, modra, sumich, Lyon, A.Jakovich, Carey, Winmar, Leowe, Paul Kelly... geez great decade

Was just going to say what you have witnessed is priceless. The games, the names, the era, you can't put a price on that. You saw by far the best era in footy and that is what many die hards love, just going to footy kicking back and having a good time.

You did it, in the best of times. Hats off to ya son.

Was just going to say what you have witnessed is priceless. The games, the names, the era, you can't put a price on that. You saw by far the best era in footy and that is what many die hards love, just going to footy kicking back and having a good time.

You did it, in the best of times. Hats off to ya son.
Not sure if serious but cheers it was awesome looking back.

1993 Essendon v Geelong. Ablett kicked 14 and Salmon 10. We don’t see games like that anymore!
I remember being at an sanfl game on that day and the ground announcer was all excited announcing each time Ablett or Salmon had another goal. Was great.

Port v Essendon at Footy Park in 2001.

2 sensational sides and reckon the margin never got over 10 points all day, but the score was still 104 - 97.

Both mentioned by others (signs of great matches)

- Hawks vs Dons Rd 22, 2009: Was sitting with my brother (Essendon supporter) high on the wing and saw the Velvet Sledge snipe poor old Sewell in what seemed like slow motion. Ditto on the elimination final atmosphere after that point.

- Dogs vs Hawks Rd 3, 2016: Almost an inverse of the above; game was a cracker almost from the first bounce but the entire stadium had the wind taken out of it when Bob did his knee at the death. Brilliant game, shocking way to end it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back