Review Best games, by individual richmond players - modern era

Remove this Banner Ad

JUUUUUURRRIIIICCCAAA!!!!

I remember thinking Jurica was going to be an absolute star.
FF Jurica, CHF Richo for the next 10 years.

I just watched that whole match now while I'm supposed to be working.
Reminds me how much I loved Duncan Kellaway & Butch Gale.
Interesting how they used the interchange back then. Justin Charles & Jason Torney spent full quarters on the bench. Likewise for Essendon, Matthew Lloyd only seemed to be on the bench all game.

I always thought Full forward could be a good spot for Deledio. Can't really remember him being played there much?
We swung him down there in the final qtr against the pies in i think early 2015, Won the match for us with 2 final qtr goals, Wouldve been a champion FF

Anzac Day Eve v.'s Melbourne a few years back (2017) when we won on a wet night. Riewoldt played just about the best game of his career I reckon, kicked 6 goals and got 3 Brownlow votes.
That's the first game of AFL I really really watched and was the night I fell in love with footy 😍. "For the first time in twenty-two years,, Richomd start the season 5 and 0!!"

Vis a vis the thread, I was there when Jack kicked 10 v GC 2018, they don't have the game countdown at the ground so I thought he'd run out of time, but with 20 seconds to go one more beautiful richmond forward surge came bursting out of half back and a generous Higgins handoff cemented the dream into reality.

Round 11 2018 Edwards v Essendon, he was just magical. We were playing such good football too... just great teamwork all over the place.

Round 23 2019 Dusty v Brisbane. He only had a handful of moments, I can't even remember if he was our best that day, but they were just scintilatingly perfect, obviously rearing up for finals. I think like someone else said in the thread, dusty just gets himself up against the good teams, he enjoys playing them. In the back half of the center square he up ended a brisbane player in his way without even looking at him, beautiful kick forward curves over the head of a brisbane defender and picks out riewoldt on the chest just over 35 out. Kicks a goal himself from outside 50. Two brisbane players fall off him in the goalsquare as he kicks another goal. Great stuff, semi forgotten I think cos Neale got 40 touches he couldn't help his team with and dusty showed up in even better knick two weeks later against them at the gabba.

Alex Rance vs Sydney 2014. 8 wins in a row and we needed to beat sydney in Sydney to scrape into finals. He was a wall unto himself in that last quarter.

Cotchin vs Bulldogs 2012. 35 touches and 3 goals, cemented his brownlow season.

Cochin vs Saints 2014. 31 touches and 5 goals, just tore the Saints to shreds when our season was spiraling and started our 9 game win streak

Was gonna name these ones.

Also Riewoldt vs St Kilda, 2010, round 21. Better than his game against West Coast for mine - seven goals, but also went up the ground for 17 disposals, 11 marks, and some of the best field kicking you'll ever see.

69 prelim. Barrot last quarter
an older friend of mine,a Carlton supporter,has informed me that he went to this game.... round 18 1969, Richmond
had to beat top of the table Carlton @ princess park to make the finals...apparently @ halftime Hafey swung Barrot,who was the gun midfielder
of the time, fwd and he booted 8 goals in the 2nd half to get the tiges into the finals and the rest as they say is history:oops:

BIlly Barrot was Dusty before Dusty - the main difference being he was a lair to go with it, and he could back it up. To us primary school kids, he was just as big a hero as Royce or KB.
my father always embellished on him in the early 80's during those VFA crosses to 2nd division finals where Billy worked for channel 0...id ask whose
that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back