Review Best games in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankfully I've managed to just about wipe the entire season from my memory. I do remember the 2nd Showdown though, that was a rare highlight.

1. Sydney @ SCG.

2. Showdown 1 - losing by a kick, and Douglas knocking out McGovern in the last 30 seconds was a double whammy! Had we won it, McGovern didn’t get a long layoff, what if?

3. Last round vs Carlton literally our BEST 2018 game regarding score and winning percentage. Felt it was important also to keep the mood upbeat during this off-season period. Our moods now could have been entirely different if the Carlton game’s result was flipped the other way around!

Wanted to get posters thoughts on 3 questions.

1. Our best win in 2018 ?

2. Unluckiest game in 2018 we lost ?

3. Best Game in 2018.

-------------------------------------------------
1. Showdown II, though the Sydney game really was an awesome win.
2. Showdown I
3. Grand Final
Best win in 2018. Richmond @ Adel oval.
Unluckiest or worst loss. Fremantle
Best game. 2nd Showdown.

Best: swans SCG Win. Think we we paying $6 to win, no one gave us a chance. Walker had some huge moments, that 60m goal when Buddy was trash talking him was incredible

Unluckiest: has to be first Showdown

Best game: Grand Final

Worst game: hawks at mcg. A freezing mcg night game in front of 20k people, 6 goals combined at halftime. Should've stayed home and watched the Socceroos

Best Adelaide win: There were a few in what was a tough season. Despite the disappointing year we won more close games than we ever did in any season in our history, also lost a few as well. The comeback upset win over West Coast at home to stop a 4 game losing run. Beating Geelong after Sloane re-signed and stealing that game from Port in the second showdown.
Unluckiest: We dropped 6 winnable games, was the difference between 2nd and 12th.
Worst: Melbourne in Alice Springs was one of our darkest days with that Mackay fumble been the highlight of a forgetful game. Don't get me wrong, Melbourne are a good team. Our first ever Friday night home game vs Collingwood (who nearly won it all after the season) was ugly as usual, Adelaide players got booed after 3 quarter time. Also that game against Fremantle in Perth was forgettable.
Best games of the season: Melbourne beating West Coast to secure a finals spot and then went on to become just the 2nd team reach a preliminary final from 5th place under the current finals system. Collingwood knocking out Richmond and the 2018 Grand Final West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood that nobody deserved to lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back