Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Hello all. I’m a new fan of footy, and have recently paid for a years worth of access to the streaming app Watch AFL, which includes the ability to watch any of the games from 2018. I’ve watched 6-8 full games so far. I prefer not to know the result before watching a match, so without looking at the final score I have no way of knowing if I’m going to see a highly competitive match, or a one sided affair.

I was hoping some of you would be willing to point me toward some of the better/exciting matches from last season so that I could be a little more sure that the games I end up viewing are good, exciting matches.

Please try your best not to ruin the result!

Thanks in advance to any who submit suggestions.

Thanks to both of you. Looking forward to seeing these (the GF is one I have watched- very exciting match).

Here are a few more:
-Round 5 Saints v GWS
-Round 7 Sydney v North
-Round 8 Hawthorn v Sydney
-Round 14 Dogs v North
-Round 15 Melbourne v Saints
-Round 17 GWS v Richmond
-Round 20 Swans v Pies
-QF Eagles v Pies

Thanks to both of you. Looking forward to seeing these (the GF is one I have watched- very exciting match).
You’re welcome :)
The 2018 GF will never get old :D

Hawthorn v Geelong (Rd 2)
Hawthorn v Geelong (Rd 21)

Might not be the main event anymore but a hell of an undercard match up.

I’m pretty sure I saw the round 2 one already. Last minute goal to win it I believe- if so, yes, that was a fun match.

Welcome to footy :)
I’d recommend:
-Round 20 Crows v Port
-The 2018 GF (Pies v Eagles )
-Round 15 Crows v Eagles
-Round 21 Eagles v Port

Seeing the Eagles roll the Power after the siren yet again, caused Crows posters to break the internet.

Without doubt though the GF was a beauty. A team almost torn to shreds at QT, to come back take the lead, lose the lead and then produce one of the greatest pieces of play ever in AFL history.

It started when Jeremy McGov took that defensive mark that arguably won them the game, to be fair every player that was involved in that piece of play that led to the final goal was crucial. Any hesitation or panic would have cost the Eagles a flag.

You're a crows fan so you should definitely see the two showdowns (adelaide v Port Adelaide).
Geelong v Hawthorn round 2
West coast v Collingwood qualifying final
West coast v Collingwood grand final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It started when Jeremy McGov took that defensive mark that arguably won them the game, to be fair every player that was involved in that piece of play that led to the final goal was crucial. Any hesitation or panic would have cost the Eagles a flag.

I have seen some question that final mark, due to “interference” (not sure what the proper terminology is, or even what the actual rule is. But to my eye, the Eagle player certainly didn’t seem to make a play on the ball, he just obstructed the Collingwood defender. Again I don’t know what the rule is, just stating what I saw on the play).

Curious what Eagle fans say in response to this.

You're a crows fan so you should definitely see the two showdowns (adelaide v Port Adelaide).
Geelong v Hawthorn round 2
West coast v Collingwood qualifying final
West coast v Collingwood grand final

I’m actually not a Crows fan. I don’t have a team (yet). Didn’t seem to be an option to not specify a team when I signed up for the forum, so thanks to alphabetical order, I’m listed for the Crows.

Essendon VS North Melbourne - Round 15

Some of the fastest flowing, high scoring footy I've ever seen with very few errors. A great game to watch albeit no thrilling, close finish

Fast flowing, wide open, exciting footy is definitely what I would like to see. Are certain teams known for that type of football historically and pretty regularly?

I’m actually not a Crows fan. I don’t have a team (yet). Didn’t seem to be an option to not specify a team when I signed up for the forum, so thanks to alphabetical order, I’m listed for the Crows.
Aha I see. Well they're probably the top five anyway lol. Games in which both teams involved played very well and there was a lot on the line.

Lol. Apologies to the OP I didnt read it properly. I just got carried away with what was the best games of 2018.

:thumbsu:

No worries. I’m getting so many game suggestions, I’ll make a list of games to watch and likely won’t even remember the result when I get around to watching that one.

I’m actually not a Crows fan. I don’t have a team (yet).
The wandteam chooses the wizard
And I hope you end up adopting a team through the process of watching more games :)
How did you get introduced to Aussie Rules ? :)

I have seen some question that final mark, due to “interference” (not sure what the proper terminology is, or even what the actual rule is. But to my eye, the Eagle player certainly didn’t seem to make a play on the ball, he just obstructed the Collingwood defender. Again I don’t know what the rule is, just stating what I saw on the play).

Curious what Eagle fans say in response to this.

Late in a GF the umps put the whistle away, kind of like how they put it away literally two mins before that when Shuey got clotheslined by Cox (that very well may have lead to a goal given where on the field it was)
He should've just gone harder, was way bigger than Rioli could've absorbed the contact and tried harder to influence the contest.

The wandteam chooses the wizard
And I hope you end up adopting a team through the process of watching more games :)
How did you get introduced to Aussie Rules ? :)

Indeed, that seems like the most logical course to take!

About 7-8 years ago I came across a few AFL matches that were shown on Fox Soccer Plus, and I thought it was one of the most astonishing sports I had ever seen. The pure athleticism, along with the amazing technical skills involved- it was really impressive to watch.

I’ll butcher the following because I don’t know proper terminology, but someone on Essendon I believe (high chance I’m wrong about the team) was having an unreal game (at least to my untrained eyes). He went on several long runs, each finishing with a goal kicked from some distance. Very exciting stuff.

Soon after I stopped paying for Fox Soccer Plus, and haven’t seen a minute of footy since. And honestly, hadn’t thought about it until a few weeks ago a friend was in Australia for business and tweeted about how exciting the Collingwood/Richmond prelim was.

We chatted briefly about how interesting the game is, and I decided to look into streaming options to follow the sport. And here we are!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back