Best Games of 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fast flowing, wide open, exciting footy is definitely what I would like to see. Are certain teams known for that type of football historically and pretty regularly?
Collingwood vs Brisbane early in the year was entertaining, open, high scoring and very close.

As someone with an Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick 49er jersey I'm happy AFL players don't have names on jumpers!

As for selecting a team. Philly Eagles 2018 champs, West Coast Eagles 2018 premiers. It's meant to be. Jump on board! All you need to do is booooo :)

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

The Eagles are under consideration:

group.png

for the swans - rd 1 buddy vs the eagles was an absolute ripper. 1 player just totally dominating a game like Carey used to.

also swans v essendon was as tight as they come, and one of the best finishes you'll see

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Posted a question in the stats forum but realizing now that it may not get a lot of traffic there. Here’s the link if anyone wants to help get me pointed in the right direction:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/key-statistics.1208267/

I’m basically looking to get info on what the important team and individual stats are when analyzing games and players. There’s so many stats, and kind of overwhelming to determine what’s truly meaningful and what’s not. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
my thoughts are that the super coach scores are a general indicator of a good/bad game. they use Champion Data which takes into account every step the player takes in the game, instead of the generic kicks/handballs/marks. Having a lot of 1%'ers is very important and indicates a player who is willing to put his body on the line to see his team succeed.

my thoughts are that the super coach scores are a general indicator of a good/bad game. they use Champion Data which takes into account every step the player takes in the game, instead of the generic kicks/handballs/marks. Having a lot of 1%'ers is very important and indicates a player who is willing to put his body on the line to see his team succeed.

This sounds great- is this data publicly available data?

Gawn is definitely a beast. All day i was wondering who could stop him and the answer was "no one". Possibly the best game i have seen from a ruck man in years. really ruined my day ;-)
I'm sure you felt a bit better in the prelim final :);):eek:
Gawn was either injured or just had a plain stinker.
You stop Gawn, you stop Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AmericanAFL still think ya need to watch this one mate.

11 years have passed since this game but in terms of how AFL is played it's a life time.

High scoring, free flowing, physical footy with a battle of 2 of the last great FFs of all time. Something lost to modern footy.

There is still a large portion of us who wish footy was played like this still

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. :tearsofjoy:
I can still taste the salty Tiger tears. It must cut them up so bad that we ended their season and ended their MCG winning streak as underdogs :) someone was bound to, I’m just glad it was us lol

If you're new to footy, I'd recommend watching a high-scoring game (which is the best kind of footy game there is - everything you want in footy is in these matches). Some of these have probably been listed, but I would recommend:

Round 1: West Coast vs Sydney
Round 2: Geelong vs Hawthorn
Round 7: Brisbane vs Collingwood
Round 15: Western Bulldogs vs Geelong
Round 15: Essendon vs North Melbourne

I would say a high-scoring AFL game is equivalent to an NFL game where the scores are 45-43, or an NBA game where the scores are 132-130. High scoring means better skills, it's fast and it's exciting
The Essendon-North Melbourne game stands out for me as a spectacle. Great skills and two very determined teams playing attacking footy. It's always subjective though.

Welcome to footy :)
I’d recommend:
-Round 20 Crows v Port
-The 2018 GF (Pies v Eagles )
-Round 15 Crows v Eagles
-Round 21 Eagles v Port

My favourite game for 2018 would definitely be the 2018 GF.
Eagles looked gone for all money. They fought back from a seemingly insurmountable 5 goal deficit to go on and snatch victory in the dying minutes after the Pies eventually giving up the ghost.
It’ll go down as one of the best GF comebacks in the history of our game.

AmericanAFL still think ya need to watch this one mate.

11 years have passed since this game but in terms of how AFL is played it's a life time.

High scoring, free flowing, physical footy with a battle of 2 of the last great FFs of all time. Something lost to modern footy.

There is still a large portion of us who wish footy was played like this still

Tried to watch via roku today but my network was having latency issues, making it unwatchable.

Will definitely try again soon, thanks mate.

Pies played their grand final that game against a team of gastro ridden Tigers.

Gastro ridden?? Gold! One player in astbury was crook. More like the prelim showed how quickly rich come back to the pack when dusty is not himself. Not to mention the fact that rance was forced to defend one on one and was owned yet again. Great zone off defender, not so great at one on one contests. The best was when de goey just dismissed him and marked on the edge of the goal square in 2nd quarter. Tiges are a very solid unit who depend so much one player to elevate them to another level. They were never going back to back - only great teams go back to back, and this rich list is not a great team

Gastro ridden?? Gold! One player in astbury was crook. More like the prelim showed how quickly rich come back to the pack when dusty is not himself. Not to mention the fact that rance was forced to defend one on one and was owned yet again. Great zone off defender, not so great at one on one contests. The best was when de goey just dismissed him and marked on the edge of the goal square in 2nd quarter. Tiges are a very solid unit who depend so much one player to elevate them to another level. They were never going back to back - only great teams go back to back, and this rich list is not a great team

Very likely could have done without the gastro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back