Best Games of the 2017 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourites were Adelaide vs Sydney, Adelaide vs Collingwood draw and Western Bulldogs vs Essendon was great (was close until Bulldogs kicked 5 goals to finish the game)

I might be biased, but surely Melbourne vs West Coast was a great game - 2 teams going hard at it, 11 lead changes and Tom MacDonald with the goal of the night in the last 30 seconds to win the game
Your fine
:DIf you nominated the Crows game you might come across as bragging

aroLad, have you kept the HaroLad! account you started recently to like your own HaroLad comments when trolling Richmond supporters? That was really
That account was taken down, as it was not me.

Dockers vs North was a good game (exciting finish), but think our defeat of WCE was better, a genuine edge of seater

HaroLad, Ok, I believe you. It wasn't me either in case you are wondering but it was just silly enough to suspect foul play now I think of it. Did they catch the culprit?

Richmond v Freo at the G. Best finish.
Good choice. Just pipping the future Premiers with the last kick of the game is a good pick. I preferred Freo v Richmond at Domain. Sweet revenge and all by 104 points but can fully understand that beating the Premiers would be a highlight of the season for any team. That Freo loss really helped the Tigers galvanise into the mighty machine that are now Premiers. The twists and turns of footy. Gotta love it.

As a Tigers fan could choose many personal games ! But thought the Port Eagles final was a great neutral game to watch especially given how big the stakes were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HaroLad, Ok, I believe you. It wasn't me either in case you are wondering but it was just silly enough to suspect foul play now I think of it. Did they catch the culprit?
HaroLad and his brother are both just children that post on BF and get kicks out of doing stupid, immature s**t.

If it wasn't Haro himself I'd guess it was his brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you could have included a few more Port matches?
I dont get to watch more than 2-3 games a week and 1 is a port game so......?
Could you argue that any of those werent exciting?
Geelong game drew a BF melt with the home town umpiring.
Ryder to Gray was one of THE moments of the season.
WC final was the only close final out of the 9.

Certainly others like the Sydney v Essendon and a couple of the Richmond heartbreaks early in the year were pretty exciting as well.

But I keep mentioning close games, not quality good games. In that case I nominate a couple of the Crows masterpieces in the rain.

To be honest - I can't argue. Amazing experience for a home fan - slowly sinking into a pit of despair for 3 quarters, then the great comeback to the point 'We can't lose from here' - and then losing from there. (I didn't say an enjoyable experience).
It would have been fantastic as a Freo supporter - the brave effort away from home, 'oh, no, we're not going to throw it away' - 'we've lost right at the death' - 'A miracle!'.

I think in term of a spectacle it was the Port-WC EF. Two sides that refused to lie down, and constantly changing momentum.

Collingwood vs Adelaide at the MCG was the package, really:
- sundy arvo
- high-scoring
- lots of great individual performances
- great atmosphere
- huge comeback
- twists and turns all during final quarter
- after-the-siren decider
- draw

The only thing it didn't have was a winner

hawks v swans, ripper game, swans cats at kpark and tiges v dees, magic games

I'm sure you're writing that with tongue it cheek but I actually agree with you. I feel all of the three games we lost in dramatic circumstances would have been exciting for neutral supporters and for the sheer - 'Oh my God! I can't believe they let that happen again!'

As a Richmond supporter, I loved beating all the teams that beat us earlier in the season in the reverse draw and breaking a couple of hoodoos against teams like North and Geelong.

Essendon vs. Bulldogs was my favourite. I was there and severely hungover but it was worth it. Our best performance all year.

West Coast vs. Port Adelaide was probably the best though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back