Team Captain
May 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
Hey guys.
Where are the best seats to get for general admission when they first go on sale?
I havent been to the MCG in years.
Cheers

Depends who we're playing. If you're expecting to rock up and get general admin behind the cheersquad for saturday nights game you're dreaming. Gen Admin will be level 4 only.

If we were to play Sydney/Adelaide etc at the G then you're a chance if you get there early. Best spot up the top I think is in the new Olympic stand

If you know an MCC member, then getting a visitors pass there is ideal. Full strength beer in glass, great viewing and standing possible from much closer than southern stand

My favourite GA seats are front row of level 3 in the Olympic stand, right next to where it changes to MCC.

It's hands down the best view of the game you will get in a GA seat. Tends to be one of the first areas to be allocated as reserved seating for a big crowd though.

What's the crowd prediction this week?

I went to 2 tiketek's yesterday and both told me that they are sold out and they wouldn't sell me a ticket. I got pretty peed off.

Just got my 2 seats now off the net, olympic stand level 1 but way back. Couldn't get anything decent although most seating in the Olympic stand level 1 is pretty decent.

I went to 2 tiketek's yesterday and both told me that they are sold out and they wouldn't sell me a ticket. I got pretty peed off.

Just got my 2 seats now off the net, olympic stand level 1 but way back. Couldn't get anything decent although most seating in the Olympic stand level 1 is pretty decent.

I was looking all day yesterday, and online was offering tickets in M2/M3 right behind the goals, mainly in rows roughly in the range M-Z.

My Magpie supporting mate wasn't keen on that area, so we waited til this morning. Ended up with tickets in section M56 (bottom level, near forward pocket/flank on northern side) up the back a bit further (row CC).

I was looking all day yesterday, and online was offering tickets in M2/M3 right behind the goals, mainly in rows roughly in the range M-Z.

My Magpie supporting mate wasn't keen on that area, so we waited til this morning. Ended up with tickets in section M56 (bottom level, near forward pocket/flank on northern side) up the back a bit further (row CC).

Yeah, didn't wanna sit behind the goals, Collingwood cheer squad is there this week.

My favourite GA seats are front row of level 3 in the Olympic stand, right next to where it changes to MCC.

It's hands down the best view of the game you will get in a GA seat. Tends to be one of the first areas to be allocated as reserved seating for a big crowd though.
Absolutely:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCG website says Richmond cheersquad is at Punt Rd end, it also says the expected crowd is 65,000, so I'd expect plenty of GA seating to be available.

Even better. More Tigers around me.

Could have sat there but I don't like sitting behing the goals much.

MCG website says Richmond cheersquad is at Punt Rd end, it also says the expected crowd is 65,000, so I'd expect plenty of GA seating to be available.

I'm fairly certain the rule of thumb is Punt Rd end = Home team, Ponsford = Away in all games except Collingwood games who always sit in the Ponsford.

Am I right in thinking the top level isn't open for sale? I don't particularly want to sit on the bottom level.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back