Best Grand Final moments of the 2010s

Remove this Banner Ad

Townsend brutalising The Adelaide defence in 2017 . He wrecked that club they still havnt recovered . Sad to see him go .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't remember much of that game, nor this year's, save Pickett's goal. Not Richmond's fault, they were too good, but unless you're a Tigers fan you're not going to look back on those games and remember any extraordinary moments.

I don't remember much of that game, nor this year's, save Pickett's goal. Not Richmond's fault, they were too good, but unless you're a Tigers fan you're not going to look back on those games and remember any extraordinary moments.
Good post , different lenses I suppose . But I will always remember ( and be eternally grateful ) Dom Sheeds moment. You didn't have to follow the Eagles not to jump out of your chair and ackowledge that there is a God !!

Good post , different lenses I suppose . But I will always remember ( and be eternally grateful ) Dom Sheeds moment. You didn't have to follow the Eagles not to jump out of your chair and ackowledge that there is a God !!
And to be fair, Pickett's goal is actually quite memorable, given the context. So on second thoughts, I'll pay that.

There is a God - he was dropped to the WAFL during the 2018 season and came back to rip apart the finals and kick that goal.

Am I only the person that thinks the 2013 grand final is a little underrated? Not the most skillful game but (if memory serves correctly) there were a few pretty big momentum swings throughout the day. If Freo converted better when they had momentum it could have gone down as a classic.
So essentially any s**t game could have gone down as a classic if for better skills and more goals? Crazy.
2013 by a country mile is the worst grand final. Even the blow outs at least had 1 of the sides looking like a top side.

That GF was awful. Freo almost succeeded in bring Hawthorn down to their level but thankfully the Hawks had enough quality in the last quarter.

Hodge's standing left foot goal in 2015 was amazing in a rather uninspiring Grand Final. And the Bulldogs winning it in 2016 (they can probably thank Adelaide for choking in R23 that year). Dom Sheed in 2018. Swans winning it in 2012.

2013 by a country mile is the worst grand final. Even the blow outs at least had 1 of the sides looking like a top side.
Agree, the final margin of 15 points makes it seem okay to some, but it was an absolute snoozefest.... As you say GF’s like my club’s in 2007 or the Hawks in 2014 made for much better watching because you were watching great, entertaining & ruthless footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Shaw’s smother is by far the best grand final moment of the decade. That you haven’t even recognised it as the best in its year is gobsmacking.
There was a goal late in 2018 that topped it.

2018 moments:

Q1
Travis Varcoe opening goal (goal itself not special, but he lost his sister int the lead up to the finals and had her name on a band)
Jordan De Goey epic goal against 3 opponents
Willie Rioli arsey goal on the line when it was 31-2

Q2
Luke Shuey goal right before half time to bring the score to 39-27

Q3
Ryan hit on Maynard
Collingwood runner blocking Stephenson
Yeo goal from 50 to make it 54-52 our way

Q4
De Goey big goal on the run from outside 50, 67-55
Sheed goal, 78-74
Darling fu** up, 79-74