Best grand final of the millennium so far?

Which grand final was the best?

• Total voters

Blackhawk42

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Far out Richmond supporters, even us Hawthorn fans are good enough to not pretend like 2015 was the best of all time just because it was a football clinic. Anyone voting for 2019 isn't a true fan of the sport.

2016 (insanely underrated now a few years have passed. High scoring first half. 1 point deep into the last quarter. Unforgettable grand final moment to make the fairytale a reality. The most emotional grand final by far for neutral observers).
2010 draw

Those 3 would be the best games.

2008 or 2014 for the unexpected premierships made me the happiest.

2012 gave me PSTD but I can appreciate it was an absolute classic.

2002 is a bit of a forgotten classic. Might be rated more highly had Collingwood gotten up. Or if it wasn't the ugly middle child of the Brisbane three-peat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Procrastinator35

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
2008 was far & away the biggest boil-over of the lot.....Even as a Hawks fan, I only gave us about a 5% chance & just hoped that we were still in it at 3/4 time.

Cats supporters still can't get over it to this day.....Lemonade rainbows.

Danger2Jenkins

Knight of the Teutonic Order
Oct 17, 2019
Moe Heights
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Moe Bushrangers
Why is 2018 so highly rated?

It was one of the least intense games of them all imo. A snoozefest. Watching the game it's a low intensity low skilled match full of clangers, you'd be half alseep by the time you realized it was close the entire time and the other team snatched it. Neither team wanted it badly enough and hardly any players putting themselves on the line.

If you watched nothing but the scoreboard the entire game then yeah.. watching the players I'd argue it was worse than 2005. It had that vibe

2009 or 2010 Grand Finals. Because it's that rare to get 2 elite in-form teams on the day.

Blackhawk42

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Why is 2018 so highly rated?

It was one of the least intense games of them all imo. A snoozefest. Watching the game it's a low intensity low skilled match full of clangers, you'd be half alseep by the time you realized it was close the entire time and the other team snatched it. Neither team wanted it badly enough and hardly any players putting themselves on the line.

If you watched nothing but the scoreboard the entire game then yeah.. watching the players I'd argue it was worse than 2005. It had that vibe
The first and last 5 minutes of the final quarter is enough to make it a classic.

adammania9

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
No replay makes me as tense as the 2010 draw does, but maybe that's because my side was in it. I feel like that game had everything, so it's my number one, to be followed by 2012, 2009 and 2002.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Eagles Collingwood easily for me.
Ultimate drama coming down to the last minute, just found it a cracking game.

Swans def Hawks was also a ripper.

Top Bottom