Rojer_Ramjet

Jun 11, 2006
Library
I would have to say Carisbrook is the best ground to play at but then again I don't have to put up with the visitors change rooms which are by all reports fairly ordinary. Talbot and Maldon would be the worst easily.

Apr 28, 2006
The Northern Oasis
Talbot, Atlanta Falcons, Liverpool
Princes Park easily for obvious reasons. Great surface good rooms and if you are fortunate enough to find yourself playing there you are in the finals which is always a good thing.

Brooks visitors rooms are close to the worst in the comp! Showers are generally cold....Just ordinary.

Talbots surface is ordinary but I would think our visitors rooms are more than adequate. I like playing on Hedges Oval, which until this year I normally rate as the best surface in the district.

Most hated venues are Trentham and Maldon.

Thoroughbred

Dec 19, 2006
moonee valley
Who's home ground is Prince's Park again?

It's not part of the MCDFL other than finals. That's like the CHFL rating North Ballarat Oval as their premier ground.

*insight*

Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
currently odessy house
talbots ground would have to be the most picturesque ground of all surrounded by all the luxury state of the art jayco caravans
carisbrooks showers nothing short of disgracefull 1mx1m and four showers in that space

Apr 28, 2006
The Northern Oasis
talbots ground would have to be the most picturesque ground of all surrounded by all the luxury state of the art jayco caravans
carisbrooks showers nothing short of disgracefull 1mx1m and four showers in that space

LOL...... A ripper of a van came in the other day actually... Prob the first nice one ever.... Dunno what they are doing in Talbot.

alpaca

Rookie
Jul 19, 2007
Maryborough
Apart from princes park (which is only played on for finals in the MCDFL), hedges oval is probably the best ground i have played on this year. Needs a good rain however or its too firm, dream to play on when its slightly soft.

Kimbo Slice

Jul 4, 2007
Ballarat
played on Dunollys ground many years back when they were in the lexton plains league. It used to be real lush and fairly good rooms. hows it coped with the drought? i reckon it would be up there as far as grounds go in the MCDFL.

Apr 28, 2006
The Northern Oasis
played on Dunollys ground many years back when they were in the lexton plains league. It used to be real lush and fairly good rooms. hows it coped with the drought? i reckon it would be up there as far as grounds go in the MCDFL.

Small rooms. Ground is reasonable although was pretty boggy when we played there this year.

Andyt31

Feb 25, 2007
N/A
The Only Ground i've been too IS Princes park back in 1986 when they had a VFL Practice match there so i had to vote for Princes Park .
Being New to The Area makes it hard to know who to vote for
hopefully soon I'll beable to hopefully get to a few games during the year :thumbsu:

Uncle Johnny

Dec 1, 2007
Royal Park FNC, Washington Redskins
obviously i'm quite biased, but I've always enjoyed playing on hedges. big wide ground. only prob is that unless it has a decent amount of water on it, its concrete. doesn't take much to green it but takes heaps to soften it up

Uncle Johnny

Dec 1, 2007
Royal Park FNC, Washington Redskins
Is this so you can get out in space and use your run and deliver to the forwards? Is that why you like it?

wide open space so i can get my arse on the ground actually roger! but yes, watch this space though, uncle johnny will return a leaner and meaner player hopefully!!

boink

Draftee
Apr 10, 2008
Bendigo
Driving through Dunolly past the oval the other day, looking quite pristine. Some hard work has been put in there over the few past weeks. Very crisp :rolleyes:

Albos

Draftee
May 31, 2009
Ballarat
Dunnolly's ground is the best in my opinion. Its very lush and isn't to hard under foot. Some very good work has done>