Best Handball Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

best handball ever is a bit of a stretch haha. dayne beams in his first year, in his first couple of games did an absolute beauty, still the best handball I've seen from a collingwood player in the past 4 or so years

Plus i still rate the one pendles did a few weeks back over the shoulder being tackled by 2 players towards the boundary line as better than that. Might have been against melbourne? to a running sharrod wellingham?

My favourite bit was when the Sydney player gave Clokey a *chest bump* for hitting the roof with his kick. Sportsmanship at it's best.

Oh and yes, best handball ever.

Meh Pendles will be disappointed. If you watch the replay after the goal, you can clearly see O'Brien had to break stride to receive the ball. Back to training, Pendles!

His skills all round are remarkable. There's hardly a more complete player in the comp; does beautiful work with his hands, lovely kick, agility and poise, just glides along the ground, can nail the set shots, tackles well, wins the clearances...

We are so lucky to have him.

Loved it. But it was bizarre to see him handball to absolutely nobody out on the wing about 10 minutes later.

Pendlebury has had a couple this year, there was one against Geelong on the forward flank that was remarkable and quick, I was in raptures wanting to see a replay of it. It went bizarrely unnoticed by the crowd.

I would like to see him at times play a bit quicker and go first option at times, he has been caught out a few times this year meandering with ball in hand and taking too long to find an option. That is a slight quibble on a very good footballer.

Great to see that again and again and again!

As said it was strange to see pendles make a couple of mistakes you don't normally associate him with.

I think it was great in this case that harry kept running knowing that pendles had the skills to get the ball back to him.

Plus i still rate the one pendles did a few weeks back over the shoulder being tackled by 2 players towards the boundary line as better than that. Might have been against melbourne? to a running sharrod wellingham?

This!

I couldn't believe it when I saw this. Pendles is an absolute freak. Bumped into him at Circular Quay the day after the game, said hi as he walked past when he heard me say "is that Pendles?" lol. Seems like a really decent bloke. Ridiculous footballer, his vision is supreme. The Zinedine Zidane of Aussie Rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on AFL.com.au, how hard is it to get your website to work with a modern browser. Add this to it being the biggest bloated piece of s**t ever. They should carbon copy cricinfo except the content obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back