Opinion Best home and away win in club history

Remove this Banner Ad

Up until last night, 2014 showdown. Eddies 2 last quarter goals from the pocket. Best atmosphere I've been a part of.

In 2018 we beat Sydney at the SCG with our three best midfielders out and both Betts and Smith out too. We had a starting line up of Greenwood, Gibbs, Ellis-Yolmen, Poholke, Douglas, Knight, Atkins and Gallucci. A real who's who of midfield talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game in 1993 against Collingwood that got us into the finals. Crowd was insane that afternoon/evening, overcame a slow start and got the job done.

McLeod's winner against Collingwood in 2005.

There has been a few others. Petrenko's tap vs North and Dawson after the siren, etc.

Few I especially enjoyed. Fav is Sydney 2016.

Geelong 2x recent premiers, contending heavily again in 2010, built on previous weeks momentum and gave us a sniff of finals after a poor start to the season.
Sydney away, 2012 premier, first quality win under Sando after a poor couple of seasons.
Sydney 2016 grand finalist premier, "total football", high quality and high scoring, really confirmed us as a contender after a couple of wins/performances against good but not great teams.
West Coast away, 2015 grand finalist, were defeating everyone at home bar Hawthorn (3 peater) and Freo (local rival and contender) by 50+ for 2 years.

I’ll throw in a left field nomination for a game that’s was played in front of few Crows fans and is probably now long forgotten. However it was an incredibly gutsy away win against incredible odds with a late come back. In the context of our season it was critical.

2002 Round 17: Adelaide 15-3 (93) d Geelong 12-18 (90) at Kardinia Park.

That was the year that we finished 3rd with a 15-7 record, made the PF against Collingwood when our chances were greatly reduced by Jason Cloke KO’ing Tyson Edwards early in the game. The Geelong win was in a run of 7 wins in the last 8 minor round games.

The game was won by Mark Riccuito kicking 3 very late goals when moved to FF when the team was behind and kicking into a strong breeze.

Can’t remember if we won or not but Blight, Liptak and Jammos last game in 99 was a bit emotional.
Jammo did an awesome drop kick streaming through the middle.
There was a radio competition, on Bazz and Pilkos show maybe, for the 1st out of Jameson and Liptak to do a drop kick in their last game. Jamo won a few thousand dollars for it I recall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back