Best hotels if attending Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeking suggestions for best hotels to stay at if attending Gabba and poking around CBD for a day or two..Thankyou

Id go Southbank and catch the bus 2 stops down to the Gabba. Easy to walk into the city from there or city cat it around. Gabba a bit more removed from the city to stay around it. Mantra or Rydges are both alright. Think there's a new emporium opened in Southbank too now. Rydges just got redone a couple of years ago.

Id go Southbank and catch the bus 2 stops down to the Gabba. Easy to walk into the city from there or city cat it around. Gabba a bit more removed from the city to stay around it. Mantra or Rydges are both alright. Think there's a new emporium opened in Southbank too now. Rydges just got redone a couple of years ago.
Beaut thanks

Seeking suggestions for best hotels to stay at if attending Gabba and poking around CBD for a day or two..Thankyou
Depending on your budget, ovolo inchcolm is great. Boutique, stylish, had free happy hour from 5.30 to 6.30 when we there, lolly jar, free minibar in room, free breakfast, short walk to bus stop, easy walk to city, close to station. Worth it if you’re early enough to shop around for a decent price. Plus We won that weekend. Will always go back there. And no, I don’t work for them.

I'd probably stay somewhere down on Southbank and just walk up to the Gabba for the game. From the big names you've got the choice of Rydges, Mantra, Emporium has just opened, and I'm sure there's some others around too. But from there you can just walk up from Southbank to the Gabba - not a particularly long walk - and you can also walk through Southbank down to the river and get a City Hopper ferry over to the other side (the red ferries are free) - and get into the CBD to Queen St mall and the Botanical Gardens.

Depending on your budget, ovolo inchcolm is great. Boutique, stylish, had free happy hour from 5.30 to 6.30 when we there, lolly jar, free minibar in room, free breakfast, short walk to bus stop, easy walk to city, close to station. Worth it if you’re early enough to shop around for a decent price. Plus We won that weekend. Will always go back there. And no, I don’t work for them.
Particularly interested in the “free happy hour” Comeback

Particularly interested in the “free happy hour” Comeback
They still seem to be advertising it. Thought it might have been an opening deal, but I guess there’s so much competition for bookings. Bus to Gabba is free with tickets, so it doesn’t really matter where you stay, depends what else you plan to do. Happy hunting.

I would recommend "Royal on the Park"...adjacent the river and botanic gardens - ideal for a walk along the river and restaurants and not too expensive. Only 15 minutes by Uber to the Gabba.

Honestly, anywhere in the city is good too. A cab across the river is about $10-15 provided you head to the ground early and miss the traffic. Or grab the bus from the underground terminal in the mall - its free with your game ticket.

Hunt around get a good deal on the Wotif's and Trivago's of the world and you'll save cab fare over and over. Next Hotel has great beds if thats important to you and is right in the mall.

The bigger issue is after the game no matter which transport you choose. My advice is to hang around, relax and let the hoards bugger off. Then you'll have plenty of options.

Despite being nowhere, the Gabba isn't hard or expensive to get to or from, as long as you are patient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still seem to be advertising it. Thought it might have been an opening deal, but I guess there’s so much competition for bookings. Bus to Gabba is free with tickets, so it doesn’t really matter where you stay, depends what else you plan to do. Happy hunting.
Stayed at Ovolo in Melbourne and they had the happy hour too, so I think it's a "culture" thing they try to promote across the chain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back