Best individual Saints performances ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

He never kicked 9 in a game. He kicked 7 twice. Once against Carlton at Princes Park in '87 and again vs North Melbourne at Moorabbin in '88.

Must have been the 7 at Princes Park I guess , in another couple of years it will be 12 against the Blues on Grand Final day the way my memory is going lmao.

Can’t wait for 2018 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ghosty you shouldn't be indicating who your true identity is!!

I see TB pretty regularly at Etihad, he's always chatting to fans and seems like a good bloke. Can't be Ghost.;)

Gilbert Mcadam's best game vic park 93. Overshadowed ofc by cuz's shirt lifting gesture at the end.

This was my first and last time going to vic park. Ive largely blocked out the racial abuse i copped and witnessed as a 15 yr old kid that day. Looking back 25 yrs on i can be proud to say i was there for such a significant event in the history of our great game.

Gilbert Mcadam's best game vic park 93. Overshadowed ofc by cuz's shirt lifting gesture at the end.

This was my first and last time going to vic park. Ive largely blocked out the racial abuse i copped and witnessed as a 15 yr old kid that day. Looking back 25 yrs on i can be proud to say i was there for such a significant event in the history of our great game.

Gee that was enjoyable footy in that era. Great memories with guys like Ralphsmith who was one of the cult heroes of the time and Brett Bowie who was mates with my friends who played at St Kilda city and felt like we had an insider.

It was a great kick for a goal at that stage , hard to believe he had only had two kicks before that in the game.

Does anyone know if we won that game ? How’s the size of the crowd for a game against an interstate team . Someday soon I hope the saints can get back to crowds that big.

Gee that was enjoyable footy in that era. Great memories with guys like Ralphsmith who was one of the cult heroes of the time and Brett Bowie who was mates with my friends who played at St Kilda city and felt like we had an insider.

Couldnt agree more. We had a bunch of battlers that time but i couldnt help but feel a weird attachment to all of them.

Danny Craven, Frank Coghlan, Dean Greig (my fav), Tim Pekin, to name a few.

And dont forget the talent that moved on to other clubs, Dale kickett, Adrian fletcher, Craig o'brien etc

Couldnt agree more. We had a bunch of battlers that time but i couldnt help but feel a weird attachment to all of them.

Danny Craven, Frank Coghlan, Dean Greig (my fav), Tim Pekin, to name a few.

And dont forget the talent that moved on to other clubs, Dale kickett, Adrian fletcher, Craig o'brien etc

Yeah Dean Greig was my favourite too , didn’t he end up having a leg amputated a few years after he left Saints ? Or did I dream that ?

Always liked Frankie Coghlan too

It was a great kick for a goal at that stage , hard to believe he had only had two kicks before that in the game.

Does anyone know if we won that game ? How’s the size of the crowd for a game against an interstate team . Someday soon I hope the saints can get back to crowds that big.

Yes, we won that game by 1 point - 92 v 91.

I remember it so vividly because we were 5-0, young and upcoming side and the Lions were 4-1, having just come off of 3 straight flags.

I was fortunate enough to go with my family and when Schwarze kicked that goal the crowd absolutely erupted - it's probably the loudest I've ever heard Etihad. I was convinced the ground shook beneath my feet when it sailed through. Surreal moment.

Yeah Dean Greig was my favourite too , didn’t he end up having a leg amputated a few years after he left Saints ? Or did I dream that ?

Always liked Frankie Coghlan too

Yea, broke his leg playing in the EDFL. Got infected and lost part of his leg. Tragic. Hope hes doing well these days..

George, perhaps the club website can revive the 'Where are they now' articles they ran a few years ago. Always enjoyed those.

I was there as well , might have been the only win I saw there . That was the day Winmar lifted his Saints jumper wasn’t it ? Just like channel 7 not to show it .

I was there as well , might have been the only win I saw there . That was the day Winmar lifted his Saints jumper wasn’t it ? Just like channel 7 not to show it .

Yup that was the game. This documentary on Winmar just showed up in my youtube suggestions. Cant believe i hadnt watched it before. Anyway its really good and insightful. So happy to hear that the club were good to him throughout and continue to support him.

Maybe if his dad hadnt passed away the day before the 97 gf, weĺl i guess its typical St Kilda luck(or lack of).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back