• Metricon Stadium

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Spotless Stadium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Optus Stadium

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

SCG is a great venue, although living walking distance I might be biased. Excellent venues to eat and drink in nearby Surry Hills and Darlinghurst. Big enough to generate some real atmosphere with their reliable crowd, but small enough to be reasonably close to the action. Also has a great atmosphere with all the stuff they put on ear the ground and the Swans have genuine traditions of their own (singing Sweet Carolyne at 3/4 time for instance). Catering a bit hit and miss though.

Spotless is great for footy too. Small so you can definitely hear the thump of the leather ball being kicked and good sight lines. Crowd not as big obviously. As others have said said only one place outside the ground really for a drink before the game, but it's a decent bar. Not sure why people have complained about access, train from the city with one change at Lidcombe is easy, cheap and fast. Catering is top notch too, great selection and as fast as I've experienced anywhere.

Only other venue I've been to is Adelaide. Great stadium and sight lines, but obviously a parochial crowd. Proximity to the city is a huge bonus for pre and post game atmosphere.

Yeah, and we are so forgiving at the 'G' tooo_O;)

No way are Melbourne crowds as bad - it’s way different having a two team city because every game except a showdown/derby you get the rub of the green against interstate oppo. Spoilt brats

We’ve been walloped the games I’ve seen recently at those two venues and free kick counts completely lopsided yet they still get madder than any Vic team supporters I’ve seen.

I went to Adelaide to watch that tragic finals game of whatever year it was where we got flogged at the Adelaide Oval. Truly remarkable stadium. Thoroughly enjoyed the view that I had at the ground. Great packhouse atmosphere. PA sang Never Tear Us Apart so loud that I could not even hear the siren (and I got caught up singing along as well - fav INX song...).

The walk from the city to the stadium was quite pleasant. The people are quite nice. The parmas are delicious. You'll have a great time at Adelaide.

Back