Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
What is your ranking for best kpp forward 25 and under.
Some names that I would put in contention.

Larkey M Lewis M King O Allen B King J Lukosius J Ugle Hagan E Hipwood

I think M Lewis is the stand out for me love his presence has not put the numbers up of some others but he seems to be a player you could structure your whole forward line around.
Allen for versatility and his year has been amazing considering the supply and same as Larkey.

The King brothers are amazing when they are on they just need there bad games to be a little more productive.

I won't comment on Max King because I would be biased.

Of the rest, Mitch Lewis is my favorite but I think Ugle Hagan has potentially the most upside.

Lukosis year has been a bit underrated he is a different type of player but has kicked 40 goals with 3 bags of 5, he has elite rating in inside 50 meters gained and marks as well, seems to be playing a more N Reiwoldt J Cameron type role of getting up and hurting on the rebound
, but to be able to push deep and kick some bags is very promising could be a dark horse for this group in terms of the future.

I'm sorry for a forward's main job is to kick goals. All the great forwards are at least above average in accuracy. Unless Max King can fix his goal kicking accuracy (and players like Naughton) he won't be in the conversation. You can be the best mark etc, but without that it's pointless. It's a shame cos the bloke has a lot of potential.

I'm sorry for a forward's main job is to kick goals. All the great forwards are at least above average in accuracy. Unless Max King can fix his goal kicking accuracy (and players like Naughton) he won't be in the conversation. You can be the best mark etc, but without that it's pointless. It's a shame cos the bloke has a lot of potential.

Max King has kicked 25.11 this year from 10 games

Harry McKay deserves a mention.

Accuracy for the leagues top 10 goalkicker back in 2008:

Franklin 56,2%
Fevola 66%
Roughead 59,5%
Bradshaw 70,8%
Brown 59,8%
Pavlich 65.7%
N.Riewoldt 62,5%
Lloyd 79,5%
Milne 65,2%
Motlop 75,0%

King is going at 69,4% this season. Pretty decent. Not the biggest sample sizeI have to admit and hasn't been great in the past.

But there is more to forwards then accuracy. Even when goalkicking is frustrating at times for supporters.

PS Those are number for goal/behind ratio. Hard to get stats on complete misses.

Lukosis year has been a bit underrated he is a different type of player but has kicked 40 goals with 3 bags of 5, he has elite rating in inside 50 meters gained and marks as well, seems to be playing a more N Reiwoldt J Cameron type role of getting up and hurting on the rebound
, but to be able to push deep and kick some bags is very promising could be a dark horse for this group in terms of the future.
Obviously extremely highly rated when drafted, have played him off half back a lot due to his kicking as a weapon. Moved him forward this year and he's been very good.

Think he's a real chance to be the best of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is your ranking for best kpp forward 25 and under.
Some names that I would put in contention.

Larkey M Lewis M King O Allen B King J Lukosius J Ugle Hagan E Hipwood

I think M Lewis is the stand out for me love his presence has not put the numbers up of some others but he seems to be a player you could structure your whole forward line around.
Allen for versatility and his year has been amazing considering the supply and same as Larkey.

The King brothers are amazing when they are on they just need there bad games to be a little more productive.
All of these could win a Coleman other than Lewis, Luko and Hipwood.

Harry McKay is 25 and has already won a Coleman.

Ok I stand corrected then. Hardly seen him play this year, but saw a bad shank on the weekend and he still wasnt kicking through. Maybe he has improved, which is good.

Picture2.png

Included McKay because god forbid something excludes their club for once.. and in the pack with an outlier season.
Asterisk on 2020 due to reduced game lengths.

Larkey, Lewis and M.King the clear standouts. With a bullet next to Allen who has excelled in his first season as the no.1 forward.

The age makes it hard to rank them but if I could pick any in order to join Amiss who is clearly the GOAT
1) Allen (most complete IMO)
2) JUH (most scope to be special)
3/4) M King / B King, I honestly cant split atm
5) Larkey (purely a goal scorer but damn good at it)
6) Naughton (kicking a concern but marking is awesome)
7) Lewis (also complete game but a little less dynamic than others)
8) McKay (Kicking a MASSIVE concern)
9) Lukoscius, almost a completely different player but his kicking is a weapon
10) Hipwood

Last edited:
Oscar Allen

JUH for potential

Shout out to Mitch Lewis who has been really impressive this year.

McKay's best is in the past.

Eric Hipwood's season as been fantastic, plays his role superbly, best footy still in front of him.

Oscar Allen and Nick Larkey for me

Constant goal scores in absolutely bog ordinary teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back