Best Key Forward 25 under

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1783384

Included McKay because god forbid something excludes their club for once.. and in the pack with an outlier season.
Asterisk on 2020 due to reduced game lengths.

Larkey, Lewis and M.King the clear standouts. With a bullet next to Allen who has excelled in his first season as the no.1 forward.

1) what is this crappy graph, goals/game? Why not totals/season? Looks manipulative at best

2) what is with the snarky crap about Carlton supporters and including McKay. You set a criteria of SOME suggested players, but left out McKay who clearly fits in the discussion and actually has achievements to back up his position, not just potential

1) what is this crappy graph, goals/game? Why not totals/season?
What are you waffling on about? What on earth is wrong with goals per game?
Total discriminates against players who have suffered injuries.

Looks manipulative at best
On what measure is it manipulative?
You set a criteria of SOME suggested players, but left out McKay who clearly fits in the discussion and actually has achievements to back up his position, not just potential
I did no such thing, am not the thread creator

I'm sorry for a forward's main job is to kick goals. All the great forwards are at least above average in accuracy. Unless Max King can fix his goal kicking accuracy (and players like Naughton) he won't be in the conversation. You can be the best mark etc, but without that it's pointless. It's a shame cos the bloke has a lot of potential.
Actually, without goal kicking accuracy, it’s full of points……

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

Mckay and Hipwood shouldn't be in this conversation. They're 25 turning 26 later this year. Cut off for under 25 should be turning 25 this year or younger. They've been in the afl system for the same amount of time as Charlie Curnow, they just happen to be born later in the year.

Lewis for his physical presence, but I have serious concerns about his capacity to stay on the park.

Mckay and Hipwood shouldn't be in this conversation. They're 25 turning 26 later this year. Cut off for under 25 should be turning 25 this year or younger. They've been in the afl system for the same amount of time as Charlie Curnow, they just happen to be born later in the year.

Why not? OP specifically states 25 or younger so I think it's fair to include anyone 25 or younger at the time of thread creation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not? OP specifically states 25 or younger so I think it's fair to include anyone 25 or younger at the time of thread creation.
so what if in 3 weeks if this thread is still active do we just all of a sudden start ignoring Hipwood? Makes more sense to just do it people that are turning 25 this year or are younger. Or a compromise would be players that will be 25 or younger by the end of the season (so McKay is still included)

I'm sorry for a forward's main job is to kick goals. All the great forwards are at least above average in accuracy. Unless Max King can fix his goal kicking accuracy (and players like Naughton) he won't be in the conversation. You can be the best mark etc, but without that it's pointless. It's a shame cos the bloke has a lot of potential.
He's kicked really well this year I thought.

I think there is a difference in this argument of who is the best right now to who is the one you would choose first if you could.

Mckay right now for runs on the board but I see more potential in a few others.

so what if in 3 weeks if this thread is still active do we just all of a sudden start ignoring Hipwood? Makes more sense to just do it people that are turning 25 this year or are younger. Or a compromise would be players that will be 25 or younger by the end of the season (so McKay is still included)

I guess, as is the case with every thread, the discussion will just have to evolve...

JUH gives me the same "Holy s**t this guy is going to be good" feeling that I had when watching a young Bont. Has looked genuinely dominant in several games this year. My only gripe (except for set shots) is that he can be really fumbly at ground level which has cost him several times this year.

Amiss was well reminds me a lot of Larkey. Genuine goal scorer that will probably kick 50+ every year for 5-7 years during his prime.

View attachment 1783384

Included McKay because god forbid something excludes their club for once.. and in the pack with an outlier season.
Asterisk on 2020 due to reduced game lengths.

Larkey, Lewis and M.King the clear standouts. With a bullet next to Allen who has excelled in his first season as the no.1 forward.
I’d add JUH to those names, bit younger but he’s really come along this year.

I might be biased but Jye Amiss is looking very good for a second year KPP who barely played last year due to serious kidney injury. Averaging 1.8 gpg from 21 games. He definitely has the potential to be top few in 2026 (will still only be 22 for most of the season).

Harry McKay.

Plenty of names on here have potential but talk to me when one of them wins a coleman.

One of few names mentioned in this thread that will be participating in September too.

He is 26 in a few weeks..
Still think his best footy is still to come, some KPFs take longer than others, Eric also missed a full season with an ACL injury, I don't think he will ever be the best KPF in the competition or even in the top few but he is a very handy forward.

I’m still going big Harry while he is 25 for the moment. Before he got injured was playing great footy in the traditional CHF role, will be better for the run on the weekend.

Think Luko will be the best though. Amazing tank and beautiful footskills. N.Riewoldt is the closest comparison I think, obviously with a few differences (Riewoldt’s marking better, Luko’s kicking better). Can see him putting up regular 400 disposal, 180 odd mark and 50 goal seasons as he progresses.

JUH gives me the same "Holy s**t this guy is going to be good" feeling that I had when watching a young Bont. Has looked genuinely dominant in several games this year. My only gripe (except for set shots) is that he can be really fumbly at ground level which has cost him several times this year.

Amiss was well reminds me a lot of Larkey. Genuine goal scorer that will probably kick 50+ every year for 5-7 years during his prime.

Agree with that, Amiss reminds quite of a bit of Larkey a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back