Best Key Forward 25 under

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seems to constantly get on the end of kicks inside 50 through pure smarts. Doesn't have the outstanding athletic or physical traits that others do, but makes it work his own way. Love to watch him.
I know Freo fans are extremely annoying sitting on the Amiss bandwagon but I legitimately get the same feeling watching him this year as I did watching Fyfe and Curnow where you just know he's special. He's a better forward prospect than Pav, we've never had someone like this.

What is your ranking for best kpp forward 25 and under.
Some names that I would put in contention.

Larkey M Lewis M King O Allen B King J Lukosius J Ugle Hagan E Hipwood

I think M Lewis is the stand out for me love his presence has not put the numbers up of some others but he seems to be a player you could structure your whole forward line around.
Allen for versatility and his year has been amazing considering the supply and same as Larkey.

The King brothers are amazing when they are on they just need there bad games to be a little more productive.
You missed a Coleman medal winner

I know Freo fans are extremely annoying sitting on the Amiss bandwagon but I legitimately get the same feeling watching him this year as I did watching Fyfe and Curnow where you just know he's special. He's a better forward prospect than Pav, we've never had someone like this.

Come on.....

He's more Nick Larkey than Matthew Pavlich.

If North fans compared him to Pavlich there'd be uproar, let alone said he would be better....

He's similar to Nick, a mark and goal style FF with good work rate and a beauiful kick for goal.

He's nowhere near the dynamic forward Pavlich was and never likely will be. Pavlich had 2 seasons where he averaged over 17 disposals and kicked 70+ goals. He averaged about 65 goals per year for the rest of his years forward. That's basically a better version of Curnow at the moment. Especially when you consider Pavlich's speed and agility being that of a midfielder.

Last edited:
Come on.....

He's more Nick Larkey than Matthew Pavlich.

If North fans compared him to Pavlich there'd be uproar.
Having watched him every game and watched a lot of Pav, he is a better forward prospect than Pav. I don’t think Larkey is accurate at all to be honest. Amiss is shorter but faster and an excellent field kick, he just doesn’t have the tank to do much more than play as the out of the square forward at the moment.

Happy for any other Freo supporters to shout me down. Our entire future rest on this kid getting to 24/25. We have all been pretty much this big on him since his debut. After the year he’s had, we’re higher on him than Snoop Dog on a Friday night

Having watched him every game and watched a lot of Pav, he is a better forward prospect than Pav. I don’t think Larkey is accurate at all to be honest. Amiss is shorter but faster and an excellent field kick, he just doesn’t have the tank to do much more than play as the out of the square forward at the moment.

Happy for any other Freo supporters to shout me down. Our entire future rest on this kid getting to 24/25. We have all been pretty much this big on him since his debut. After the year he’s had, we’re higher on him than Snoop Dog on a Friday night

Larkey is one of the most mobile forwards in the game, he might be a stay at home FF, but his work rate is unreal.

I couldn't think of a better likeness between the two tbh, they even move and jump similar. Both have very simple kicking techniques.

He's certainly way closer to Larkey than Pavlich.

For Amiss to reach Pavlich levels with his game style, he'd have to turn into early Jack Riewoldt or something, even then, Jack was far more athletic as a whole than Amiss at that age.

Larkey is one of the most mobile forwards in the game, he might be a stay at home FF, but his work rate is unreal.

I couldn't think of a better likeness between the two tbh, they even move and jump similar. Both have very simple kicking techniques.

He's certainly way closer to Larkey than Pavlich.

For Amiss to reach Pavlich levels with his game style, he'd have to turn into early Jack Riewoldt or something, even then, Jack was far more athletic as a whole than Amiss at that age.
I love Pav but I think a large part of his brilliance was being able to play all over the ground. I doubt Amiss passes him as a level of player but I think he'll pass him as a pure forward. I'll look up more Larkey highlights because I dont see it. I see Amiss as an in between of Jeremy Cameron (not as big) and Gunston (more KPF than Gunston was). I'd be interested if other Freo supporters saw a likeness with Larkey

You'd be happy with anyone mentioned in the thread I think.

I'll back you up Snuff. I went early this season on the Freo board before he got to 20 goals. Injury permitting, he's going on the Freo podium with Pav and Fyfe.

The best forward we've drafted, including Pav. Pav's a legend because he's was an A+ forward, A defender and A- mid.

Amiss is never going to match that versatility, but he has literally every desirable forward trait except a tank and as Snuff said, he's yet to do a preseason so that may come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a genuine question for Carlton fans, can Curnow and McKay be the best player they can be with both in the team.
Curnow can be for sure. McKay would kick more goals over his career without Charlie there I suspect, but the net result of both is better than them individually. We haven't seen the best of them as a duo yet

Curnow can be for sure. McKay would kick more goals over his career without Charlie there I suspect, but the net result of both is better than them individually. We haven't seen the best of them as a duo yet
Reasonable. While I'd do nasty things to have both a Curnow and McKay, if there was a deficiency there it would be that I think both need to be number 1 banana. Curnow is better so he'll be fine as he gets the number 1 spot, McKay I'm not sure is suited to be the Hawkins to Curnow's Cameron because his thing is clunking marks and kicking snaps.

Up to the coaches to get the most of out him I guess

I remember Lockett and Loewe - different class of course but Loewe in his first 9 years while Lockett was there best result was an even 50 goals in a season. The year Lockett left he kicked 76, following year 90 then 59.

Pretty rare that two big forwards kick big tallys in one year - Franklin and Roughhead did it in 2008 but you don't see it too often.

Just checking that Carlton have gone on a great run since losing the best CHF in the competition to injury for 2 months while also having the best full forward in the competition?
He missed the last 5 games of the 9 game streak, the first 4 being all wins over 50 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back