Opinion Best kicks of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember this is all opinionated, and in my opinion if someone had a gun to my head and said "right, pick someone to kick this goal, if they miss I will shoot you in the head" I would pick Franklin.

because you are a terminator :p

2 great either foot kicks in recent memory are Dean Kemp & Leon Cameron.

I'm going to be really unpopular here when I state that Darren Jarman, star that he was, was prone to the odd shank of a kick, much the same way that Matt Suckling does. Yes, they did / do some spectacular kicks which take the breath away (especially if you take the chest mark too low), but because of the hook foot biomechanics of their kicking style, it didn't / doesn't always work out.

For a preferred foot field kick, I'd vote for Nathan Buckley.

Maurice Rioli was also a beautiful kick of the footy

Greg Tivendale (former richmond) was capable of some absolute centimeter perfect kicks with his lethal left boot. He was also capable of some horrendous shanks.

Set shots for goal: Lockett, Paul Hudson, Jason Dunstall, Blake Caracella, Wayne Carey, Jimmy Bartel
Wrong foot kicks: Darren Jarman, Leon Cameron, Doug Hawkins, Sam Mitchell, Gary Ablett snr, Jason Akermanis
Field kicking : Leon cameron, Doug Hawkins, Nathan Buckley, Josh Drummond, Lindsay Gilbee, Daniel Rich
Freaky stuff: Akermanis, Peter Daicos, Scott Pendlebury, Gary ablett jnr, Gary Ablett snr, Stevie J, Stephen Milne
Long Kicks: Ben Graham, Sav Rocca, Anthony Rocca, Dick Clay, Craig Stewart, Dustin Fletcher, Malcolm Blight, Bernie Quinlan, Trent Mackenzie

Oh I forgot about Dougie, beautiful kick both sides. I recall Mick Malthouse saying something like he was the most talented player he had coached.

Greg Tivendale (former richmond) was capable of some absolute centimeter perfect kicks with his lethal left boot. He was also capable of some horrendous shanks.
that was the only thing tivendale ever did, was the more often than not a bomb from the 50 from the boundary line

One player I haven't seen mentioned for their footskills was Nathan G. Brown. His kicking was extremely accurate, especially around goals. One of the best kicks of the footy I've seen, despite his lack of penetration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aker was better than Jarman, Jarman was inconsistent & his left side was no where near as good on his left as his right.. aker could kick on both sides, running full pace, half pace,

Inconsistent? May be you are thinking of Andrew.

Brisbane13 is absolutely correct.
D Jarman was capable of some exquisite footskills, but like Suckling, he was prone to the odd "howler"

Brisbane13 is absolutely correct.
D Jarman was capable of some exquisite footskills, but like Suckling, he was prone to the odd "howler"

Lol

Was capable.
Wow.
Please go back over the footage and watch again. I can never remember Jars having a howler of a kick even back to his time at North Adelaide

Daicos was the best all round kick i've seen but probably doesn't fit the OPs criteria, he invented the dribble, was superb at all the trick kicks, had range from 50 with a drop punt but kicked many long range torps, was the best opposite foot kick i've seen, very good set shot, very good field kick.

Range wise i'd go for the Rocca boys, some may have matched them distance wise but they consistently nailed goals from way down town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back