Opinion Best kicks of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

If you see his second torpedo, it hits the netting behind the goal, post high. It would have cleared the ground.

Daics was a legend, & an awesome kick, but nowhere near the longest kick.
I reckon the Goddard (don't like him) kick has it all over him.
it was at Subi & not some place where the 50 is inaccurate

Daics was a legend, & an awesome kick, but nowhere near the longest kick.
I reckon the Goddard (don't like him) kick has it all over him.
it was at Subi & not some place where the 50 is inaccurate

Distance isn't the be all end all when it comes to kicking, Goddard would have him covered distance wise from a DP but that's about it, Daicos was better in every other area.

Daicos....daylight....Jarman.....daylight...... the rest

People tend to remember Daicos for only the brilliant snapshots but as a centreman in his early days he never missed a target on either foot and could just make the football talk. Jarman was the closest to him with field kicking both sides but Daics pipped him with the freakish stuff.

Quinlan, Hird, Fevola and Ablett Snr&Jnr are the ones that stand out for me. Fev makes the cut for his kicking from outside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best set shot for goal - Tony Lockett
Best running shot for goal - Jason Akermanis
Best field kick - Barry Cable
Longest consistent kicker - Sav Rocca
Longest accurate kicker - Dustin Fletcher
Best off either foot - Darren Jarman
Best ball control - Peter Daicos

Best set shot for goal - Tony Lockett
Best running shot for goal - Jason Akermanis
Best field kick - Barry Cable
Longest consistent kicker - Sav Rocca
Longest accurate kicker - Dustin Fletcher
Best off either foot - Darren Jarman
Best ball control - Peter Daicos

Of all time? Sheesh.

Best kick was a certain player called Bernie Quinlan. The rest are close to irrelevant.

As for longest accurate kicker, Darren Bennett comes second to Quinlan and both exceed Fletcher by a mile IMO.

I love Gary the Father of the Non-prodigal Son to bits, but he could be downright wild at times (and he didn't always kick accurately either).

Franklin slots them in from anywhere. You could say he's a weak set shot, but the fact of the matter is for him odds are the same whether he's right in front 30 out or hugging the boundary 60 out, you'd back him.

Sure, Franklin kicks goals that hardly anybody else would. The flipside is that he misses goals most forwards should/would slot home.

I wouldn't be putting him high on a goal kicking list. To me, almost the opposite of who I would be relying on for a set shot on goal. His goal kicking is like a box of chocolates...

The name Matthew Lloyd keeps coming up, but even Lloyd never kicked over 100 goals in a season, Franklin has done that AND claimed 2 Colemans (Lloyd - 3). He must be a horrid kick for goal, its not all about what the numbers say, when it counts, buddy will slot it through 8/10
Please tell me you are under the age of ten, and to say that rich isn't in the top 3 long kicks in the league, :rolleyes:

Longest Kick - Ben Graham, Dustin Fletcher, & Both Rocca's
Goal Kicking - Lloyd, Carey & Dunstall
Field Kicking - Chris Judd, Bartel, & Dane Swan
Running Shot for Goal - Stevie J, & Peter Daicos
Opposite Foot - Jason Akermanis.

Interesting topic. Good to see something original.

Nathan Buckley had the best field kick.
Jason Akermanis had the best running goal.
Shannon Hurn, Ben Graham and McKenzie for the longest kick
Matthew Lloyd the best set shot easily

Interesting topic. Good to see something original.

Nathan Buckley had the best field kick.
Jason Akermanis had the best running goal.
Shannon Hurn, Ben Graham and McKenzie for the longest kick
Matthew Lloyd the best set shot easily

Rocca boys toe poked further than those boys mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back